Features and Benefits
- 65,536 bits electrically programmable read only memory (EPROM)
- Unique, factory-lasered and tested 64-bit registration number assures absolute traceability because no two parts are alike
- Built-in multidrop controller ensures compatibility with other 1-Wire products
- EPROM partitioned into 256-bit pages for randomly accessing packetized data records
- Each memory page can be permanently write-protected to prevent tampering
- Reduces control, address, data, power, and programming signals to a single data pin
- Directly connects to a single port pin of a microprocessor and communicates at up to 16.3kbps
- Overdrive mode boosts communication speed to 142kbps
- Low-cost PR35 or 8-pin SO surface-mount package
- Reads over a wide voltage range of 2.8V to 6.0V from -40°C to +85°C; programs at 11.5V to 12.0V from -40°C to +50°C
The DS2506 is a 64Kb 1-Wire® EPROM. Like all 1-Wire devices, the DS2506 consists of a factory-lasered 64-bit ROM registration number that includes a unique 48-bit serial number, an 8-bit CRC, and an 8-bit family code (0FH) plus 64Kb of user-programmable EPROM. The power to program and read the DS2506 is derived entirely from the 1-Wire communication line. Data is transferred serially via the 1-Wire protocol which requires only a single data lead and a ground return. The entire device can be programmed and then write protected if desired. Alternatively, the part may be programmed multiple times with new data being appended to, but not overwriting, existing data with each subsequent programming of the device. Note: Individual bits can be changed only from a logical 1 to a logical 0, never from a logical 0 to a logical 1.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Documentation & Resources
DS2506 Reliability Data1/12/2023
1-Wire Search Algorithm3/28/2002
1-Wire Software Resource Guide Device Description7/8/2008
1-Wire Master Device Configuration3/3/2004
Using the DS2480B Serial 1-Wire® Line Driver3/12/2002
Programming 1-Wire EPROM and EEPROM Memory Devices Using a PC1/2/2002
Printed Circuit Board Identification Using 1-Wire® Products12/26/2001
Understanding and Using Cyclic Redundancy Checks with Maxim 1-Wire and iButton Products3/29/2001
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.