Features and Benefits
- Real-time clock (RTC) with fully compatible 1-Wire® MicroLAN interface
- Uses the same binary time/date representation as the DS2404 but with 1 second resolution
- Clock accuracy ±2 minutes per month at 25°C
- Programmable interrupt output for system wakeup
- Communicates at 16.3kbits per second
- Unique, factory-lasered and tested 64-bit registration number (8-bit family code + 48-bit serial number + 8-bit CRC tester) assures absolute traceability because no two parts are alike
- 8-bit family code specifies device communication requirements to bus master
- Built-in multidrop controller ensures compatibility with other MicroLAN products
- Operates over a wide VDD voltage range of 2.5V to 5.5V from -40°C to +85°C
- Low power, 200nA typically with oscillator running
- Compact, low cost 6-pin TSOC and Flip-Chip surface mount package
The DS2417 1-Wire Time Chip with Interrupt offers a simple solution for storing and retrieving vital time information with minimal hardware. The DS2417 contains a unique lasered ROM and a real-time clock/calendar implemented as a binary counter. Only one pin is required for communication with the device. Utilizing a backup energy source, the data is nonvolatile and allows for stand-alone operation. The DS2417 features can be used to add functions such as calendar, time and date stamp, and logbook to any type of electronic device or embedded application that uses a micro controller.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
DS2417 Reliability Data1/12/2023
Maxim Wafer-Level Package Assembly Guide11/12/2004
1-Wire Search Algorithm3/28/2002
Reading and Writing 1-Wire® Devices Through Serial Interfaces3/29/2001
How to Build a 1-Wire® Evaluation Kit5/14/2012
1-Wire Software Resource Guide Device Description7/8/2008
Understanding Flip-Chip and Chip-Scale Package Technologies and Their Applications4/18/2007
White Paper 5: Using 1-Wire APIs for Data Sheet Commands6/7/2002
1-Wire Communication Through Software5/30/2002
Using the DS2480B Serial 1-Wire® Line Driver3/12/2002
Understanding and Using Cyclic Redundancy Checks with Maxim 1-Wire and iButton Products3/29/2001
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.