Features and Benefits
- Control Eight Independent I/O Port Pins from a Single Micro Port Pin
- Eight Channels of Programmable I/O with Open-Drain Outputs
- On-Resistance of PIO Pulldown Transistor 100Ω (max); Off-Resistance 10MΩ (typ)
- Individual Activity Latches Capture Asynchronous State Changes at PIO Inputs for Interrogation by the Bus Master
- Data-Strobe Output to Synchronize PIO Logic States to External Read/Write Circuitry
- Minimalist 1-Wire Interface Lowers Cost and Interface Complexity
- Built-in Multidrop Controller Ensures Compatibility with Other 1-Wire® Net Products
- Supports 1-Wire Conditional Search Command with Response Controlled by Programmable PIO Conditions
- Unique Factory-Lasered 64-Bit Registration Number Ensures Error-Free Device Selection and Absolute Part Identity
- Communicates to Host with a Single Digital Signal at 15.3kbps or 100kbps
- Wide Voltage and Temperature Operating Ranges Enables Robust System Performance
- 2.8V to 5.25V
- -40°C to +85°C Industrial Temperature Range
The DS2408 is an 8-channel, programmable I/O 1-Wire® chip. PIO outputs are configured as open-drain and provide an on resistance of 100Ω max. A robust PIO channel-access communication protocol ensures that PIO output-setting changes occur error-free. A data-valid strobe output can be used to latch PIO logic states into external circuitry such as a D/A converter (DAC) or microcontroller data bus.
DS2408 operation is controlled over the single-conductor 1-Wire bus. Device communication follows the standard Dallas Semiconductor 1-Wire protocol. Each DS2408 has its own unalterable and unique 64-bit ROM registration number that is factory lasered into the chip. The registration number guarantees unique identification and is used to address the device in a multidrop 1-Wire net environment. Multiple DS2408 devices can reside on a common 1-Wire bus and can operate independently of each other. The DS2408 also supports 1-Wire conditional search capability based on PIO conditions or power-on-reset activity; the conditions to cause participation in the conditional search are programmable. The DS2408 has an optional VCC supply connection. When an external supply is absent, device power is supplied parasitically from the 1-Wire bus. When an external supply is present, PIO states are maintained in the absence of the 1-Wire bus power source. The RSTZ signal is configurable to serve as either a hard-wired reset for the PIO output or as a strobe for external circuitry to indicate that a PIO write or PIO read has completed.
- Industrial Control Instrumentation Test and Measurement Rack Based Systems Such as Central Office Switches, Wireless Base Stations, and PBXs
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
DS2408 Reliability Data1/12/2023
1-Wire Search Algorithm3/28/2002
Reading and Writing 1-Wire® Devices Through Serial Interfaces3/29/2001
Wirelessly Powering and Accessing a 1-Wire Network3/14/2019
Sense Multiple Pushbuttons Using Only Two Wires2/10/2011
A Simple 1-Wire® DAC10/19/2009
Create a 1-Wire Master with Xilinx PicoBlaze2/27/2023
Easy Modifications to Sustain a Design with the DS2409 MicroLAN™ Coupler3/4/2011
1-Wire Software Resource Guide Device Description7/8/2008
Using the DS2480B Serial 1-Wire® Line Driver3/12/2002
Understanding and Using Cyclic Redundancy Checks with Maxim 1-Wire and iButton Products3/29/2001
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|DS2408S+||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Small-Outline IC, Narrow (0.15in)|
|DS2408S+T&R||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Small-Outline IC, Narrow (0.15in)|
|Wafer Fabrication Data||DS2408 Reliability Data|
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
A Sample link will be shown above, next to the part, only for parts that are included in our sample program. Selecting the Sample button will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.