Features and Benefits
- Unique Factory-Lasered 64-Bit Registration Number Ensures Error-Free Device Selection and Absolute Traceability Because No Two Parts are Alike
- Built-In Multidrop Controller for 1-Wire Net
- Digital Identification by Momentary Contact
- Data Can Be Accessed While Affixed to Object
- Economically Communicates to Bus Master with a Single Digital Signal at 16.3kbps
- Button Shape is Self-Aligning with Cup-Shaped Probes
- Durable Stainless-Steel Case Engraved with Registration Number Withstands Harsh Environments
- Easily Affixed with Self-Stick Adhesive Backing, Latched by its Flange, or Locked with a Ring Pressed Onto its Rim
- Presence Detector Acknowledges When Reader First Applies Voltage
The DS1990R Serial Number iButton® is a rugged data carrier that serves as an electronic registration number for automatic identification. Data is transferred serially through the 1-Wire® protocol, which requires only a single data lead and a ground return. Every DS1990R is factory lasered with a guaranteed unique 64-bit registration number that allows for absolute traceability. The durable stainless-steel iButton package is highly resistant to environmental hazards such as dirt, moisture, and shock. Its compact coin-shaped profile is self-aligning with mating receptacles, allowing the DS1990R to be used easily by human operators. Accessories permit the DS1990R iButton to be mounted on almost any object, including containers, pallets, and bags. The DS1990R is a fully compatible variant of the DS1990A. In applications where a presence pulse on contact is critical the DS1990R should be preferred over the DS1990A.
- Access Control
- Inventory Control
- Tool Management
- Work-in-Progress Tracking
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
DS1990R Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.