Features and Benefits
- 1024 bits or 64kbits electrically programmable read only memory (EPROM) communicates with the economy of one signal plus ground
- Unique, factory lasered and tested 64-bit registration number (8-bit family code, 36-bit serialization, 12-bit UniqueWare identifier 5E7h, 8-bit CRC tester) assures absolute traceability because no two parts are alike
- EPROM partitioned into 256-bit pages for randomly accessing packetized data records
- Each memory page can be permanently write-protected to prevent tampering
- Device is an 'add only' memory where additional data can be programmed into EPROM without disturbing existing data
- Reduces control, address, data, power and programming signals to a single pin
- 8-bit family code specifies device communications requirements to reader
- Presence detector acknowledges when reader first applies voltage
- Reads over a wide voltage range of 2.8V to 6.0V from -40°C to +85°C
UniqueWare™ iButton® devices (DS1982U/DS1985U) are factory-programmed versions of the iButton Add-Only devices, DS1982 (1024 bit) and the DS1985 (16Kb) respectively. They differ from the regular devices in their custom ROM family codes (see Ordering Information) and the UniqueWare Identifier 5E7h in place of the upper 12 bits of the standard serialization field. For technical details on the devices, refer to the DS1982 and DS1985 data sheets.
UniqueWare Add-Only iButton devices are only available preprogrammed with customer-specific and write-protected data. UniqueWare data fills at least one but no more than the first two pages of a device, depending on the length of the customer-supplied data.
UniqueWare devices are only available to existing customers. New data patterns are no longer accepted. The minimum order quantity (MOQ) is 34,000 pieces with higher quantities available in multiples of 17,000 pieces. UniqueWare iButton devices can only be purchased in bulk form, delivered in bags. The shipment quantity can be plus or minus 10% of the order quantity. Only the quantity shipped will be billed.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.