Features and Benefits
- High Accuracy, Full-Featured Digital Temperature Logger Simplifies Temperature Data Collection and Dissemination of Electronic Temperature Record
- Temperature Accuracy of ±0.5°C from -10°C to +65°C (DS1922L), ±0.5°C from +20°C to +75°C (DS1922T), with Software Corrections
- Measures Temperature with 8-Bit (0.5°C) or 11-Bit (0.0625°C) Resolution
- Operating Temperature Range: DS1922L: -40°C to +85°C; DS1922T: 0°C to +125°C
- Automatically Wakes Up, Measures Temperature, and Stores Values in 8kB of Data-Log Memory in 8- or 16-Bit Format
- Sampling Rate from 1s Up to 273hr
- Programmable High and Low Trip Points for Temperature Alarms
- Programmable Recording Start Delay After Elapsed Time or Upon a Temperature Alarm Trip Point
- 512 Bytes of General-Purpose Memory Plus 64 Bytes of Calibration Memory
- Two-Level Password Protection of All Memory and Configuration Registers
- Individually Calibrated in a NIST-Traceable Chamber
- Complies to Standard EN12830
- Rugged Construction Survives Harsh Environments
- Water Resistant Enclosure (IP56) or Waterproof if Placed Inside DS9107 iButton Capsule (Exceeds Water Resistant 3 ATM Requirements)
- CE, FCC, and UL913 Certifications
- Simple Serial Port Interfaces to Most Microcontrollers for Rapid Data Transfer
- Communicates to Host with a Single Digital Signal Up to 15.4kbps at Standard Speed or Up to 125kbps in Overdrive Mode Using 1-Wire Protocol
- Quick Access to Alarmed Devices Through 1-Wire Conditional Search Function
The iButton® temperature loggers (DS1922L/T) are rugged, self-sufficient systems that measure temperature and record the result in a protected memory section. The recording is done at a user-defined rate. A total of 8192 8-bit readings or 4096 16-bit readings taken at equidistant intervals ranging from 1s to 273hrs can be stored. In addition to this, there are 512 bytes of SRAM for storing application-specific information and 64 bytes for calibration data. A mission to collect data can be programmed to begin immediately, or after a user-defined delay or after a temperature alarm. Access to the memory and control functions can be password protected. The DS1922L/T is configured and communicates with a host computing device through the serial 1-Wire® protocol, which requires only a single data lead and a ground return. Every DS1922L/T is factory-lasered with a guaranteed unique 64-bit registration number that allows for absolute traceability. The durable stainless-steel package is highly resistant to environmental hazards such as dirt, moisture, and shock. Accessories permit the DS1922L/T to be mounted on almost any object, including containers, pallets, and bags.
While all iButton data loggers are calibrated/validated against NIST traceable reference devices, Maxim offers a web application to generate validation certificates for the DS1922L/T data loggers. Input is an iButton registration number (or list of numbers) and the output is a validation certificate in PDF format.
- High-Temperature Logging (Process Monitoring, Industrial Temperature Monitoring)
- Temperature Logging in Cold Chain, Food Safety, Bio Science, and Pharmaceutical and Medical Products
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
DS1922L Reliability Data1/12/2023
iButton Data Loggers5/17/2019
Choosing the Logger iButton That's Right for You5/11/2012
1-Wire Software Resource Guide Device Description7/8/2008
Software Methods to Achieve Robust 1-Wire® Communication in iButton® Applications9/11/2007
Overview of iButton® Sensors and Temperature/Humidity Data Loggers8/21/2006
What Is an iButton Device?5/17/2006
DS1922/DS1923 Battery Gas Gauge3/20/2006
White Paper 5: Using 1-Wire APIs for Data Sheet Commands6/7/2002
1-Wire Communication Through Software5/30/2002
Guidelines for Reliable Long Line 1-Wire Networks11/16/2001
1-Wire File Structure7/11/2001
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.