DS1904: iButton RTC Data Sheet (Rev. 5)7/3/2013151K
Features and Benefits
- Real-Time Clock/calendar in binary format
- Uses the same binary time/date representation as the DS1994 but with 1 second resolution
- Clock accuracy is better than ±2 minutes per month at 25°C
- Operating temperature range from -40°C to +85°C
- Over 10 years of operation
- Unique, factory-lasered and tested 64-bit registration number (8-bit family code + 48-bit serial number + 8-bit CRC tester) assures absolute traceability because no two parts are alike
- Multidrop controller for MicroLAN
- Digital identification and information by momentary contact
- Chip-based data carrier compactly stores in-formation
- Data can be accessed while affixed to object
- Economically communicates to host with a single digital signal at 16.3kbps
- Standard 16mm diameter and 1-Wire protocol ensure compatibility with iButton Device family
- Button shape is self-aligning with cup-shaped probes
- Durable stainless steel case engraved with registration number withstands harsh environments
- Easily affixed with self-stick adhesive backing, latched by its flange, or locked with a ring pressed onto its rim
- Presence detector acknowledges when reader first applies voltage
- Meets UL 913, 5th Ed., Rev. 1997-02-24; Intrinsically Safe Apparatus, Approved under Entity Concept for use in Class I, Division 1, Group A, B, C, and D Locations
The iButton® RTC (DS1904) is a rugged real-time clock module that can be accessed with minimal hardware. Data is transferred serially by the 1-Wire® protocol, which requires only a single data lead and a ground return. The DS1904 contains a unique 64-bit factory-lasered ROM and a real-time clock/calendar implemented as a binary counter. The durable MicroCan® package is highly resistant to environmental hazards such as dirt, moisture, and shock. Accessories permit the DS1904 to be mounted on almost any surface including printed circuit boards and plastic key fobs. The DS1904 adds functions such as calendar, time and date stamp, stopwatch, hour meter, interval timer, and logbook to any type of electronic device or embedded application that uses a microcontroller.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
Advanced 1-Wire Network Driver2/14/2023
iButton Data Loggers5/17/2019
1-Wire Software Resource Guide Device Description7/8/2008
Software Methods to Achieve Robust 1-Wire® Communication in iButton® Applications9/11/2007
What Is an iButton Device?5/17/2006
White Paper 5: Using 1-Wire APIs for Data Sheet Commands6/7/2002
1-Wire Communication Through Software5/30/2002
Using the DS2480B Serial 1-Wire® Line Driver3/12/2002
Understanding and Using Cyclic Redundancy Checks with Maxim 1-Wire and iButton Products3/29/2001
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.