Features and Benefits
- Integrated NV SRAM, Real-Time Clock (RTC), Crystal, Power-Fail Control Circuit, and Lithium Energy Source
- Clock Registers are Accessed Identically to the Static RAM. These Registers are Resident in the Eight Top RAM Locations
- Century Byte Register (Y2K Compliant)
- Totally Nonvolatile with Over 10 Years of Operation in the Absence of Power
- BCD-Coded Century, Year, Month, Date, Day, Hours, Minutes, and Seconds with Automatic Leap Year Compensation Valid Up to the Year 2100
- Battery Voltage-Level Indicator Flag
- Power-Fail Write Protection Allows for ±10% VCC Power-Supply Tolerance
- Lithium Energy Source is Electrically Disconnected to Retain Freshness Until Power is Applied for the First Time
- DIP Module Only:
- Standard JEDEC Byte-Wide 512k x 8 Static RAM Pinout
- PowerCap Module Board Only:
- Surface-Mountable Package for Direct Connection to PowerCap Containing Battery and Crystal
- Replaceable Battery (PowerCap)
- Power-On Reset Output
- Pin-for-Pin Compatible with Other Densities of DS174xP Timekeeping RAM
- Also Available in Industrial Temperature Range: -40°C to +85°C
The DS1747 is a full-function, year-2000-compliant (Y2KC), real-time clock/calendar (RTC) and 512k x 8 nonvolatile static RAM. User access to all registers within the DS1747 is accomplished with a byte-wide interface as shown in Figure 1. The RTC information and control bits reside in the eight uppermost RAM locations. The RTC registers contain century, year, month, date, day, hours, minutes, and seconds data in 24-hour binary-coded decimal (BCD) format. Corrections for the date of each month and leap year are made automatically. The RTC clock registers are double buffered to avoid access of incorrect data that can occur during clock update cycles. The double-buffered system also prevents time loss as the timekeeping countdown continues unabated by access to time register data. The DS1747 also contains its own power-fail circuitry that deselects the device when the VCC supply is in an out-of-tolerance condition. This feature prevents loss of data from unpredictable system operation brought on by low VCC as errant access and update cycles are avoided.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
DS1747 Reliability Data1/12/2023
Tools & Simulations
DS1747 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.