DS1678: Real-Time Event Recorder Data Sheet (Rev. 3)9/19/2006366K
Features and Benefits
- Real-Time Clock/Calendar in Binary-Coded Decimal (BCD) Format Counts Seconds, Minutes, Hours, Date, Month, Day of the Week, and Year with Leap Year Compensation and is Year 2000 Compliant
- Logs Up to 1025 Consecutive Events in Read-Only Battery-Backed Memory
- User-Programmable Event Trigger can be Triggered by the Falling Edge, Rising Edge, or Rising and Falling Edges of the active-low INT Pin
- Event Counter Register Provides Data on the Number of Events that Have Been Logged in the Current Event-Logging Mission
- Programmable RTC Alarm
- 32-Byte, Battery-Backed, General-Purpose NV RAM
- I²C Serial Interface
- Three Resolution Options for Trade-Off Accuracy vs. Maximum Time Between Events
- -40°C to +85°C Industrial Temperature Range
The DS1678 real-time clock (RTC) event recorder records the time and date of a nonperiodic, asynchronous event each time the active-low INT pin is activated. The device records the seconds, minutes, hours, date, day of the week, month, year, and century when the first event occurs, and starts the 16-bit elapsed time counter (ETC). Subsequent events trigger the recording of the ETC into the event-log memory. This allows for up to 1025 events to be logged. Events can be logged while the device is operating from either VCC or VBAT.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
Oscillator Design Considerations for Low-Current Applications1/26/2011
Selecting a Backup Source for Real-Time Clocks5/26/2006
How to Use the DS1678 Real-Time Event Recorder11/16/2005
Using the DS32kHz with Maxim Real-Time Clocks2/15/2002
Design Considerations for Maxim Real-Time Clocks2/15/2002
Crystal Considerations with Maxim Real-Time Clocks (RTCs)3/29/2001
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.