Features and Benefits
- 10 years minimum data retention in the absence of external power
- Data is automatically protected during power loss
- Power supply monitor resets processor when VCC power loss occurs and holds processor in reset during VCC ramp-up
- Battery monitor checks remaining capacity daily
- Read and write access times of 100ns
- Unlimited write cycle endurance
- Typical standby current 50µA
- Upgrade for 32k x 8 SRAM, EEPROM or Flash
- Lithium battery is electrically disconnected to retain freshness until power is applied for the first time
- Optional industrial temperature range of -40°C to +85°C, designated IND
- PowerCap Module (PCM) package
- Directly surface-mountable module
- Replaceable snap-on PowerCap provides lithium backup battery
- Standardized pinout for all nonvolatile SRAM products
- Detachment feature on PowerCap allows easy removal using a regular screwdriver
The DS1330W 3.3V 256k NV SRAM is a 262,144-bit, fully static, nonvolatile SRAM organized as 32,768 words by 8 bits. Each NV SRAM has a self-contained lithium energy source and control circuitry which constantly monitors VCC for an out-of-tolerance condition. When such a condition occurs, the lithium energy source is automatically switched on and write protection is unconditionally enabled to prevent data corruption. Additionally, the DS1330W has dedicated circuitry for monitoring the status of VCC and the status of the internal lithium battery. DS1330W devices in the PowerCap Module package are directly surface mountable and are normally paired with a DS9034PC PowerCap to form a complete Nonvolatile SRAM module. The devices can be used in place of 32k x 8 SRAM, EEPROM or Flash components.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
Substitution Rules for Nonvolatile Memory Components1/12/2011
Timing Considerations When Using NVSRAM3/20/2006
Battery Monitoring in NV SRAM Modules6/28/2004
NV SRAM Frequently Asked Questions5/14/2002
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.