Features and Benefits
- 10 years minimum data retention in the absence of external power
- Data is automatically protected during power loss
- Replaces 512k x 8 volatile static RAM, EEPROM or Flash memory
- Unlimited write cycles
- Low-power CMOS
- Read and write access times of 100ns
- Lithium energy source is electrically disconnected to retain freshness until power is applied for the first time
- Optional industrial temperature range of -40°C to +85°C, designated IND
- JEDEC standard 32-pin DIP package
- PowerCap Module (PCM) package
- Directly surface-mountable module
- Replaceable snap-on PowerCap provides lithium backup battery
- Standardized pinout for all nonvolatile SRAM products
- Detachment feature on PCM allows easy removal using a regular screwdriver
The DS1250W 3.3V 4096k NV SRAM is a 4,194,304-bit, fully static, nonvolatile SRAM organized as 524,288 words by 8 bits. Each NV SRAM has a self-contained lithium energy source and control circuitry, which constantly monitors VCC for an out-of-tolerance condition. When such a condition occurs, the lithium energy source is automatically switched on and write protection is unconditionally enabled to prevent data corruption. DIP-package DS1250W devices can be used in place of existing 512k x 8 static RAMs directly conforming to the popular bytewide 32-pin DIP standard. DS1250W devices in the PowerCap Module package are directly surface mountable and are normally paired with a DS9034PC PowerCap to form a complete Nonvolatile SRAM module. There is no limit on the number of write cycles that can be executed and no additional support circuitry is required for microprocessor interfacing.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
NV SRAM Frequently Asked Questions5/14/2002
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.