Features and Benefits
- APIX2 transmitter with HDCP
High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) 1.4 support with internal preprogrammed HDCP keys
Dual-channel encryption engine supports simple daisy-chain implementation for remote displays
- High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) receiver
Supports all HDMI video resolutions up to the maximum APIX video link bandwidth of 2.57 Gbps
- All mandatory and additional 3D video formats supported
- HDCP 1.4 decryption support
- ITU-R BT.656 Support
8-bit ITU-R BT.656 interface with embedded timing
720p supported at 148.5 MHz clock rate
- Audio support
HDMI audio extraction support
Advanced audio muting feature
Dual interrupt controller with APIX link status reporting
Internal EDID RAM
- Qualified for automotive applications
- See data sheet for additional features
Product DetailsThe ADV7680 is a high quality, single input HDMI® and single input ITU-R BT.656 receiver with an APIX®2 transmitter, compatible with APIX2 receiver technology from Inova Semiconductors. It incorporates a single port HDMI receiver that supports all mandatory and many optional 3D TV formats defined in the HDMI standard. The ITU-R BT.656 8-bit receiver supports resolutions up to 720p when using a 148.5 MHz input clock. A standard ITU-R BT.656 input clock of 27 MHz is also supported. When using the ITU-R BT.656 interface, only embedded timing is supported. There is no provision for using separate horizontal sync (Hsync) or vertical sync (Vsync) inputs On the HDMI input, the ADV7680 supports DVI or HDMI resolutions up to a 107 MHz pixel clock at 24 BPP or a 140 MHz pixel clock at 18 BPP. However, the input format configuration for both video interfaces must be managed to ensure that the maximum total video payload for the APIX2 interface is not exceeded.
The ADV7680 integrates a consumer electronics control (CEC) controller that supports the capability discovery and control (CDC) feature.
The ADV7680 has an audio output port for the audio data extracted from the HDMI input stream. The HDMI receiver also has an advanced mute controller that prevents audible extraneous noise (pops and clicks) in the audio output. Additionally, the ADV7680 can be set to output TDM serial audio, which allows transmission of four multiplexed stereo serial audio channels on a single audio output interface port.
The following HDMI source audio formats are accessible as outputs from the ADV7680:
- A stream from the audio serializer (two audio channels).
- A TDM stream from the audio serializer (eight audio channels, time multiplexed). The maximum audio bit rate is 96 kHz.
- An external master clock (MCLK) used to output audio data in stereo modes. The maximum audio bit rate is 48 kHz for sample rate converter (SRC) mode with an external MCLK.
The following audio formats are supported as inputs to the ADV7680 for transmission over the APIX2 interface:
- One serial audio stream (two audio channels).
- One TDM serial audio stream (eight audio channels, time multiplexed). The maximum audio bit rate is 96 kHz.
- Two serial audio streams using a combination of the serial audio input port (I2S1) and the HDMI extracted audio (two independent stereo audio channels with asynchro-nous master clocks). On-board SRC is performed in this configuration. The maximum audio bit rate is 48 kHz in SRC modes.
The HDMI input port has 5 V detect and Hot Plug™ assert pins. The HDMI receiver also includes an integrated equalizer that ensures the robust operation of the interface with long cables, including support for Type E automotive cable assemblies and connectors.
The ADV7680 contains a main component processor (CP) that processes the video signals from the HDMI receiver port. The ADV7680 provides features such as contrast, brightness, and saturation adjustments; a standard identification (STDI) detec-tion block; and free run and synchronization alignment controls.
Fabricated in an advanced CMOS process, the ADV7680 is provided in a 9 mm × 9 mm, 64-lead surface-mount LFCSP RoHS-compliant package and is specified over the −40°C to +85°C temperature range.
The ADV7680 is offered in automotive, industrial version.
- Automotive infotainment
- Infotainment head units
- Rear seat entertainment systems
- Automotive media port applications
- HDMI repeaters and video switches
For more information about the ADV7680, including the complete data sheet, contact your local Analog Devices sales office.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.