Features and Benefits
- Low power HDMI/DVI transmitter ideal for portable applications
- CEC controller and expanded message buffer (3 messages) reduces system overhead
- Incorporates HDMI v.1.3 (x.v.Color™) technology
- Compatible with DVI v.1.0
- Optional embedded HDCP keys to support HDCP 1.3
- 1.8 V and 1.2V supplies for ultralow operating power
- Video/audio inputs accept logic levels from 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- 80 MHz operation supports all video and graphics resolutions from 480i to 1080i
- Programmable two-way color space converter
- Supports RGB, YCbCr, DDR
- Supports ITU656-based embedded syncs
- Automatic input video format timing detection (CEA-861E)
- See data sheet for additional features
The ADV7523A is an 80 MHz, high definition multimedia interface (HDMI®) transmitter with expanded CEC buffer. It supports HDTV formats up to 1080i and computer graphic resolutions up to XGA at 75 Hz.
With the optional inclusion of embedded HDCP keys, the ADV7523A allows the secure transmission of protected content, as specified by the HDCP 1.3 protocol. The ADV7523A supports x.v.Color™ (Gamut Metadata) for a wider color gamut.
The ADV7523A supports both S/PDIF and 2-channel I2S audio. Its high fidelity 2-channel I2S can transmit stereo up to a 192 kHz sampling rate. The S/PDIF can carry stereo LPCM audio or compressed audio including Dolby® Digital and DTS®.
The ADV7523A helps to reduce system design complexity and cost by incorporating such features as an I2C master for EDID reading, and 5 V tolerance on the I,sup>2C and Hot Plug™ detect pins. Fabricated in an advanced CMOS process, the ADV7523A is available in a space saving, 49-ball, WLCSP surface mount package. This package is RoHS compliant and specified to operate from −25°C to +85°C.
- Cellular handsets
- Digital video cameras
- Digital still cameras
- Personal media players
- DVD players and recorders
- Digital set-top boxes
- HDMI repeater
Additional support is available from your Analog Devices local sales. Information about obtaining licenses required for using HDMI and HDCP technologies is available from www.hdmi.org and www.digital-cp.com.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page provides ordering information for the ADV7523A Low Power HDMI®/DVI Transmitter with Consumer Electronic Control (CEC) evaluation board.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.