Features and Benefits
- Supports up to 17 MHz SPI clock speed
- 4 high speed, low propagation delay, SPI signal isolation channels
- Three 250 kbps data channels
- 20-lead SOIC_IC package with 8.3 mm creepage
- High temperature operation: 125°C
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/µs
- Safety and regulatory approvals
- UL recognition per UL 1577
- 5000 V rms for 1 minute SOIC long package
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- VDE certificate of conformity
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
- Maximum working insulation voltage (VIORM): 849 V peak
- UL recognition per UL 1577
The ADuM4151/ADuM4152/ADuM4153 are 7-channel, SPIsolator™ digital isolators optimized for isolated serial peripheral interfaces (SPIs).(3.75kV rms model available) Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® chip scale transformer technology, the low propagation delay in the CLK, MO/SI, MI/SO, and SS SPI bus signals supports SPI clock rates of up to 17 MHz. These channels operate with 14 ns propagation delay and 1 ns jitter to optimize timing for SPI.
The ADuM4151/ADuM4152/ADuM4153 isolators also provide three additional independent low data rate isolation channels in three different channel direction combinations. Data in the slow channels is sampled and serialized for a 250 kbps data rate with up to 2.5 μs of jitter in the low speed channels.
- Industrial programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Sensor isolation
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The board follows best printed circuit board (PCB) design practices for 4-layer boards, including a full power and ground plane on each side of the isolation barrier. No other EMI or noise mitigation design features are included on this board. In cases of very high speed operation or when ultralow emissions are required, refer to the AN-1109 application note for additional board layout techniques.
Supported SPIsolator Models
Features & Benefits
- Access to all seven data channels
- Multiple connection options
- Support for Tektronix active probes
- Provision for cable terminations
- Support for PCB edge-mounted coaxial connectors
- Easy configuration
- Installed SPIsolator® digital isolator: ADuM3151BRSZ in the 20-lead SSOP package
Documentation & Resources
Protect your Innovations: from High Precision to High Power4/12/2022
SPI Isolation Challenge2/17/2021
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.