Features and Benefits
- Supports up to 17 MHz SPI clock speed
- 4 high speed, low propagation delay, SPI signal isolation channels
- Supports up to 4 slave devices
- 20-lead SSOP package with 5.1 mm creepage
- High temperature operation: 125°C
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/μs
- Safety and regulatory approvals
- UL recognition per UL 1577
- 3750 V rms for 1 minute
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- VDE certificate of conformity
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
- VIORM = 565 V peak
- UL recognition per UL 1577
The ADuM3154 is an SPIsolator™ digital isolator optimized for a serial peripheral interface (SPI) that includes support for up to four slave devices. Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® chip scale transformer technology, the low propagation delay and jitter in the CLK, MO/SI, MI/SO, and SS SPI bus signals support SPI clock rates of up to 17 MHz.
The ADuM3154 isolator also provides a slave select multiplexing system that allows up to four slave devices to be serviced from one isolator. When a target slave is selected, the slave select signal propagates to the desired output with low propagation delay, allowing tight timing control. The isolated SSx is addressed through a 250 kbps low speed, 2-channel address bus, allowing the target slave device to be changed in as little as 2.5 μs.
- Industrial programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Sensor isolation
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADuM3154Z supports the ADuM3154ARSZ, ADuM3154BRSZ, ADuM4154ARIZ and ADuM4154BRIZ, which are, 4-channel SPIsolator isolators optimized for use in SPI applications. They include two low speed address pins to rout the slave select to one of four destinations. The evaluation board provides a JEDEC standard 20-lead SSOP pad layout, support for signal distribution, loopback, and loads referenced to VDDx or GNDx, as well as optimal bypass capacitance. Signal sources can be wired onto the board as well as brought onto the board through edge-mounted SMA connectors (sold separately) or terminal blocks for power connections. The board includes 200 mil header positions for compatibility with Tektronix active probes.
The board follows best printed circuit board (PCB) design practices for 4-layer boards, including a full power and ground plane on each side of the isolation barrier. No other EMI or noise mitigation design features are included on this board. In cases of very high speed operation or when ultralow emissions are required, refer to the AN-1109 application note for additional board layout techniques.
Supported SPIsolator Models
Features & Benefits
- Access to all four data channels
- Access to the slave select address lines
- Access to the DCLK delayed clock
- Multiple connection options
- Support for Tektronix active probes
- Provision for cable terminations
- Support for PCB edge-mounted coaxial connectors
- Easy configuration
- Installed SPIsolator® digital isolator: ADuM3154BRSZ in the 20-lead SSOP package
Tools & Simulations
Product Selector Card (1)
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Product Selection Guide (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.