Features and Benefits
- Integrated SiGe PIN photodiode, transimpedance amplifier (TIA), and limiting amplifier (LA)
- Power monitor output: 1.0 A/W at O band wavelengths
- 50 μm diameter germanium photodiode
- Input sensitivity
- POMA = −16.5 dBm
- PAVE = −17.3 dBm (ER = 6 dB)
- PRBS31 at 10.52 Gbps, BER = 10−12, λ = 1270 nm, 1290 nm, 1300 nm, 1310 nm, and 1330 nm
- Antireflective coating (ARC) optimized to 1310 nm
- Single 3.3 V supply
- Power dissipation: 102 mW
- Differential output swing: 460 mV p-p
- On-chip power monitor function
- Die size: 0.835 mm × 0.675 mm
Product DetailsThe ADN3010-11 is a high speed optical receiver featuring a proprietary large area germanium photodiode monolithically integrated with a silicon TIA and LA. The integration of the photodiode eliminates bond wires between the diode and the TIA that provides guaranteed performance and improved manufacturing reliability. The 50 μm diameter photodetector enables an easy optical coupling design when aligned with a single mode fiber (SMF). With a 1310 nm optimized ARC, the ADN3010-11 supports 10GBASE-LR and other applications with extended data rates of up to 11.3 Gbps.
Although the ADN3010-11 can operate in the wavelength range from 850 nm to 1565 nm, it has an antireflective coating (ARC) centered at 1310 nm and is characterized only at original band (O band) wavelengths (1270 nm, 1290 nm, 1300 nm, 1310 nm, and 1330 nm) in this data sheet.
The power monitor pin provides either an output voltage or current that is proportional to the sensed average photocurrent.
Typical power consumption of the ADN3010-11 is 102 mW from a single 3.3 V supply. When the output is saturated, it has a typical differential amplitude of 460 mV p-p at 10.52 Gbps.
The ADN3010-11 is available in die form, and it is operational over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Optical module receivers up to 11.3 Gbps
- Short range 10 Gb SONET, FC, Ethernet, CPRI, OBSAI, and LTE optical receivers
- Capable to be in ROSA, BOSA, or MCM packages
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.