Features and Benefits
- Serial data input: 6.5 Mbps to 8.5 Gbps
- No reference clock required
- Exceeds SONET/SDH requirements for jitter transfer/ generation/tolerance
- Quantizer sensitivity: 6.3 mV typical (limiting amplifier mode)
- Optional limiting amplifier, equalizer (EQ), and 0 dB EQ inputs
- Programmable jitter transfer bandwidth to support G.8251 OTN
- Programmable slice level
- Sample phase adjust (5.65 Gbps or greater)
- Output polarity invert
- Programmable LOS threshold via I2C
- I2C interface to access optional features
- Loss of signal (LOS) alarm (limiting amplifier mode only)
- Loss of lock (LOL) indicator
- PRBS generator/detector
- Application aware power
- 352 mW at 8.5 Gbps, equalizer mode, no clock output
- 380 mW at 6.144 Gbps, limiting amplifier mode, no clock output
- 340 mW at 622 Mbps, 0 dB EQ mode, no clock output
- Power supplies: 1.2 V, flexible 1.8 V to 3.3 V, and 3.3 V
- 4 mm × 4 mm, 24-lead LFCSP
The ADN2913 provides the receiver functions of quantization, signal level detection, and clock and data recovery for continuous data rates from 6.5 Mbps to 8.5 Gbps. The ADN2913 automatically locks to all data rates without the need for an external reference clock or programming. ADN2913 jitter performance exceeds all jitter specifications required by SONET/SDH, including jitter transfer, jitter generation, and jitter tolerance.
The ADN2913 provides manual or automatic slice adjust and manual sample phase adjusts. Additionally, the user can select a limiting amplifier, equalizer, or 0 dB EQ at the input. The equalizer is adaptive or it can be manually set.
The receiver front-end loss of signal (LOS) detector circuit indicates when the input signal level falls below a user-programmable threshold. The LOS detection circuit has hysteresis to prevent chatter at the LOS output. In addition, the input signal strength can be read through the I2C registers.
The ADN2913 also supports pseudorandom binary sequence (PRBS) generation, bit error detection, and input data rate readback features.
The ADN2913 is available in a compact 4 mm × 4 mm, 24-lead lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP). All ADN2913 specifications are defined over the ambient temperature range of −40°C to +85°C, unless otherwise noted.
- SONET/SDH OC-1/OC-3/OC-12/OC-48 and all associated FEC rates
- 1GE, 1GFC, 2GFC, 4GFC, 8GFC, CPRI OS/L.6 up to OS/L.60
- Any rate regenerators/repeaters
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADN2905, ADN2913, ADN2915, and ADN2917 provide the receiver functions of quantization, signal level detect, and clock/data recovery for a continuous signal data rate range from 6.5 Mbps to 11.3 Gbps. The ADN29xx automatically lock to such a data signal without referring to an external clock or extra programming. All SONET/SDH jitter requirements are exceeded, including jitter transfer, jitter generation, and jitter tolerance. All specifications are quoted for the –40°C to +85°C temperature range, unless otherwise noted.
For the best input signal detection, the ADN29xx input circuitry can be configured as a limiting amplifier, an equalizer, or a 0 dB equalizer. Additionally, the ADN29xx provide manual control of sampling phase and slice level adjust to optimize the incoming data eye detection.
The loss of signal (LOS) is available in limiting amplifier input mode only. The asserted LOS indicates that the input signal level has fallen below a preset threshold. The LOS detect circuit provides a typical 6.0 dB hysteresis to prevent LOS output chatter.
The asserted loss of lock (LOL) indicates when incoming signal rate shifts more than 1000 ppm away from the CDR VCO frequency.
The ADN29xx are available in a compact 4 mm × 4 mm, 24-lead chip scale package (LFCSP).
Full specifications on the ADN2905/ADN2913/ADN2915/ADN2917 are available in the product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when working with the evaluation board.
The ADN2905, ADN2913, ADN2915, and ADN2917 are pin-to-pin compatible devices and share the same evaluation board. Each EVALZ-ADN29xx evaluation board is populated by a different DUT: ADN2905 on the EVALZ-ADN2905, ADN2913 on the EVALZ-ADN2913, ADN2915 on the EVALZ-ADN2915, and ADN2917 on the EVALZ-ADN2917.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the ADN2905/ADN2913/ADN2915/ADN2917
- Configurable as PRBS generator or PRBS error detector
- Locked to any rate, continuous mode, up to 11.3 Gbps input signal
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.