Features and Benefits
- SFP/SFF and SFF-8472 MSA-compliant
- SFP reference design available
- 50 Mbps to 4.25 Gbps operation
- Automatic average power control
- Typical 60 ps rise/fall time
- VCSEL, DFB, and FP laser support
- Bias current range: 2 mA to 100 mA
- Modulation current range: 5 mA to 90 mA
- Laser fail alarm and automatic laser shutdown (ALS)
- Bias and modulation current monitoring
- 3.3 V supply
- 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP
- Voltage setpoint control
- Resistor setpoint control
- Pin-compatible with ADN2870
The ADN2871 laser diode driver (LDD) is designed for advanced SFP and SFF modules, using SFF-8472 digital diagnostics. The ADN2871 supports operation from 50 Mbps up to 4.25 Gbps.
Average power and extinction ratios can be set with a voltage provided by a microcontroller DAC or by a trimmable resistor or digital potentiometer. The average power control loop is implemented using feedback from a monitor photodiode. The device provides bias and modulation current monitoring, as well as fail alarms and automatic laser shutdown (ALS). The device interfaces easily with the Analog Devices, Inc., ADuC7019 and ADuC7020 family of MicroConverter® devices and with the ADN2890, ADN2891, and ADN2892 family of limiting amplifiers to make a complete SFP/SFF transceiver solution. An SFP reference design is available.
The product is pin-compatible with the ADN2870 dual-loop LDD, allowing the same design to work with either device. For dual-loop control applications, refer to the ADN2870 data sheet. The product is available in a space-saving 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP specified over the −40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- 1×/2×/4× Fibre Channel SFP/SFF modules
- Multirate OC3 to OC48-FEC SFP/SFF modules
- LX-4 modules
- DWDM/CWDM SFP modules
- 1GE SFP/SFF transceiver modules
- VCSEL, DFB, and FP transmitters
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.