Features and Benefits
- Serial data input
- 155.52 Mbps/622.08 Mbps/1244.16 Mbps/1250.00 Mbps
- 12-bit acquisition time
- 4-bit parallel LVDS output interface
- Patented dual-loop clock recovery architecture
- Integrated PRBS generator
- Byte rate reference clock
- Loss-of-lock indicator
- Supports double data rate (DDR)-compatible FPGA
- I2C interface to access optional features
- Single-supply operation: 3.3 V
- 670 mW typical in serial output mode
- 825 mW typical in deserializer mode
- 5 mm × 5 mm, 32-lead LFCSP
The ADN2855 is a burst mode clock and data recovery IC designed for GPON/BPON/GEPON optical line terminal (OLT) receiver applications. The part can operate at 155.52 Mbps, 622.08 Mbps, 1244.16 Mbps, or 1250.00 Mbps data rates, selectable via the I2C interface.
The ADN2855 frequency locks to the OLT reference clock and aligns to the input data within 12 bits of the start of the preamble. The device provides a full rate or an optional half rate output clock for a double data rate (DDR) interface to an FPGA or digital ASIC.
All specifications are quoted for −40°C to +85°C ambient temperature, unless otherwise noted. The ADN2855 is available in a compact 5 mm × 5 mm, 32-lead chip scale package.
- Passive optical networks
- GPON/BPON/GEPON OLT receivers
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.