Features and Benefits
- 50 Mbps to 3.3 Gbps operation
- Single 3.3 V operation
- Typical rise/fall time: 80 ps
- Bias current range: 2 mA to 100 mA
- Modulation current range: 5 mA to 80 mA
- Monitor photodiode current: 50 µA to 1200 µA
- Dual MPD functionality for DWDM
- 50 mA supply current at 3.3 V
- Closed-loop control of power and extinction ratio
- Full current parameter monitoring
- Laser fail and laser degrade alarms
- Automatic laser shutdown (ALS)
Product DetailsThe ADN2847 uses a unique control algorithm to control both average power and extinction ratio of the laser diode (LD) after initial factory setup. External component count and PCB area are low, as both power and extinction ratio control are fully integrated. Programmable alarms are provided for laser fail (end of life) and laser degrade (impending fail).
Optional dual MPD current monitoring is designed into the ADN2847 specifically for DWDM wavelength control.
The ADN2847 is specified for the −40°C to +85°C temperature range and is available in a 48-lead LFCSP package and a 32-lead LFCSP package.
- SONET OC-1/3/12/48
- SDH STM-0/1/4/16
- Fibre Channel
- Gigabit Ethernet
- DWDM dual MPD wavelength control
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Application Notes (4)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.