Features and Benefits
- 50 Mbps to 2.7 Gbps operation
- Typical rise/fall time: 80 ps
- Bias current range: 2 mA to 100 mA
- Modulation current range: 5 mA to 80 mA
- Monitor photodiode current: 50 μA to 1200 μA
- Closed-loop control of power and extinction ratio
- Laser fail and laser degrade alarms
- Automatic laser shutdown (ALS)
- Dual MPD functionality for DWDM
- Optional clocked data
- Full current parameter monitoring
- 5 V operation
- 48-lead LFCSP
- 32-lead LFCSP (reduced functionality)
The ADN2841 uses a unique control algorithm to control both the average power and extinction ratio of the laser diode (LD) after initial factory setup. Because power and extinction ratio control are fully integrated, external component count is low and PCB area is small. Programmable alarms are provided for laser fail (end of life) and laser degrade (impending fail).
The ADN2841 has circuitry for a second monitor photodiode, which enables DWDM wavelength control.
- DWDM dual MPD wavelength fixing
- SONET OC-1/3/12/48
- SDH STM-1/4/16
- Fibre Channel
- Gigabit Ethernet
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Technical Articles (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.