Features and Benefits
- Meets SONET requirements for jitter transfer/generation/tolerance
- Quantizer sensitivity: 4 mV typical
- Adjustable slice level: ±100 mV
- Patented clock recovery architecture
- Loss-of-signal detect range: 3 mV to 15 mV
- Single-reference clock frequency for all rates, including15/14 (7%) wrapper rate
- Choice of 19.44 MHz, 38.88 MHz, 77.76 MHz, or 155.52 MHz REFCLK
- REFCLK inputs: LVPECL/LVDS/LVCMOS/LVTTL compatible (LVPECL/LVDS only at 155.52 MHz)
- Optional 19.44 MHz on-chip oscillator to be used with external crystal
- Loss-of-lock indicator
- Loopback mode for high speed test data
- Output squelch and bypass features
- Single-supply operation: 3.3 V
- Low power: 540 mW typical
- 7 mm × 7 mm, 48-lead LFCSP
The ADN2807 provides the receiver functions of quantization, signal level detect, and clock and data recovery at rates of OC-3, OC-12, and 15/14 FEC. All SONET jitter requirements are met, including jitter transfer, jitter generation, and jitter tolerance. All specifications are quoted for –40°C to +85°C ambient temperature, unless otherwise noted.
The device is intended for WDM system applications and can be used with either an external reference clock or an on-chip oscillator with external crystal. Both native rates and 15/14 rate digital wrappers are supported by the ADN2807, without any change of reference clock.
This device, together with a PIN diode and a TIA preamplifier, can implement a highly integrated, low cost, low power, fiber optic receiver.
The receiver front end signal detect circuit indicates when the input signal level has fallen below a user adjustable threshold. The signal detect circuit has hysteresis to prevent chatter at the output.
The ADN2807 is available in a compact 7 mm × 7 mm 48-lead chip-scale package (LFCSP).
- SONET OC-3/-12, SDH STM-1/-4 and, 15/14 FEC rates
- WDM transponders
- Test equipment
- Passive optical networks
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.