Features and Benefits
- 3.3 V operation
- Up to 11.3 Gbps operation
- Typical 26 ps rise/fall times
- Bias current range: 10 mA to 100 mA
- Differential modulation current range: 10 mA to 80 mA
- Voltage input control for bias and modulation currents
- Data inputs sensitivity: 150 mV p-p differential
- Automatic laser shutdown (ALS)
- Crosspoint adjustment (CPA)
- VCSEL, FP, DFB laser support
- SFF/SFP/XFP/SFP+ MSA compliant
- Optical evaluation board available
- Compact, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP
The ADN2531 laser diode driver can work with directly modulated laser diodes, including vertical-cavity surface-emitting laser (VCSEL), Fabry-Perot (FP) lasers, and distributed feedback (DFB) lasers, with a differential loading resistance ranging from 5 Ω to 140 Ω. The active back-termination in the ADN2531 absorbs signal reflections from the laser diode side of the output transmission lines, enabling excellent optical eye quality even when the TOSA end of the output transmission lines is significantly mismatched. The ADN2531 is a SFP+ MSA-compliant device, and small package and enhanced ESD protection provides the optimum solution for compact modules in which laser diodes are packaged in low pin-count optical subassemblies.
The modulation and bias currents are programmable via the MSET and BSET control pins. By driving these pins with control voltages, the user has the flexibility to implement various average optical power and extinction ratio control schemes, including a closed-loop or a look-up table control. The automatic laser shutdown (ALS) feature allows turning the bias on and off while simultaneously modulating currents by driving the ALS pin with a low voltage transistor-to-transistor logic (LVTTL) source.
The product is available in a space-saving, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP package and operates from −40°C to +100°C.
- Optical transmitters, up to 11.3 Gbps, for SONET/SDH, Ethernet, and Fibre Channel applications
- SFF/SFP/SFP+/XFP/X2/XENPAK/XPAK MSA compliant
- 300-pin optical modules, up to 11.3 Gbps
Product Lifecycle Last Time Buy
All products in this family will be obsolete soon. Please contact ADI Sales or Distributors to arrange for final purchases and read our Obsolescence Information to review the time periods for placing final orders and receiving final shipments.
Evaluation Kits (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.