Features and Benefits
- Up to 11.3 Gbps operation
- −40°C to +100°C operation
- Very low power: ISUPPLY = 65 mA
- Typical 26 ps rise/fall times
- Full back-termination of output transmission lines
- Crosspoint adjust function
- PECL-/CML-compatible data inputs
- Bias current range: 2 mA to 25 mA
- Differential modulation current range: 2.2 mA to 23 mA
- Automatic laser shutdown (ALS)
- 3.3 V operation
- Compact 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP
- Voltage-input control for bias and modulation currents
- XFP-compliant bias current monitor
The ADN2530 laser diode driver is designed for direct modulation of packaged VCSELs with a differential resistance ranging from 35 Ω to 140 Ω. The active back-termination technique provides excellent matching with the output transmission lines while reducing the power dissipation in the output stage. The back-termination in the ADN2530 absorbs signal reflections from the TOSA end of the output transmission lines, enabling excellent optical eye quality to be achieved even when the TOSA end of the output transmission lines is significantly misterminated. The small package provides the optimum solution for compact modules where laser diodes are packaged in low pin count optical subassemblies.
The modulation and bias currents are programmable via the MSET and BSET control pins. By driving these pins with control voltages, the user has the flexibility to implement various average power and extinction ratio control schemes, including closed-loop control and look-up tables. The eye crosspoint in the output eye diagram is adjustable via the crosspoint adjust (CPA) control voltage input. The automatic laser shutdown (ALS) feature allows the user to turn on/off the bias and modulation currents by driving the ALS pin with the proper logic levels. The product is available in a space-saving 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP specified from −40°C to +100°C.
- 10 Gb Ethernet optical transceivers
- 10G-BASE-LRM optical transceivers
- 8× and 10× Fibre Channel optical transceivers
- XFP/X2/XENPAK/MSA 300 optical modules
- SONET OC-192/SDH STM-64 optical transceivers
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating this product.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.