Features and Benefits
- Green Idle™ power saving mode
- Single +2.7V to +3.6V power supply
- Operates with 3V logic
- 0.1 µF to 1 µF charge pump capacitors
- Low EMI
- Low power shutdown: 20 nA
- Full RS-232 compliance
- 460 kb/s data rate
- One receiver active in shutdown (ADM3307E/ADM3311E/ADM3312E/ADM3315E)
- Two receivers active in shutdown (ADM3310E)
- 460 kbits/s data rate
- ESD >15 kV IEC 1000-4-2 on RS-232 I/Os
- ESD >15 kV IEC 1000-4-2 on CMOS and RS-232 I/Os (ADM3307E)
- Qualified for automotive applications
Product DetailsThe ADM3312E is a three-driver/three-receiver serial port transceiver, which meets full EIA-232 standards while operating from a single power supply as low as +2.7V. It features an on-board, charge pump dc-to-dc converter, which eliminates the need for dual power supplies. This dc-to-dc converter also contains a voltage tripler and voltage inverter for internally generating positive and negative supplies from the power supply. It operates in Green Idle Mode, where the charge pump oscillator is gated on and off to maintain output voltage to +/-7.25 V, regardless of the load conditions. Another key feature is its ESD protection: up to +/-15kV on all I/O lines. The ADM3312E is available in a 24-pin TSSOP package as well as a space-saving 32-pin LFCSP package.
- Mobile phone handsets/data cables
- Laptop and notebook computers
- PDAs/Hand-Held Devices/Palmtop Computers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.