Features and Benefits
- isoPower integrated, isolated dc-to-dc converter
- Regulated 3.15 V to 5.25 V output
- Up to 150 mW output power
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/μs
- iCoupler integrated I2C digital isolator
- Bidirectional I2C communication
- 3.0 V to 5.5 V supply/logic levels
- Open-drain interfaces
- Suitable for hot swap applications
- 30 mA current sink capability
- 1000 kHz maximum frequency
- 20-lead SSOP package with 5.3 mm creepage
- High temperature operation: 105°C
- See data sheet for additional features
Based on the iCoupler® and isoPower® chip scale transformer technology, the ADM3260 is a hot swappable digital and power isolator with two nonlatching, bidirectional communication channels, supporting a complete isolated I2C interface, and an integrated isolated dc-to-dc converter, supporting up to 150 mW of isolated power conversion.
iCoupler is a chip scale transformer technology with functional, performance, size, and power consumption advantages as compared to optocouplers. The bidirectional I2C channels eliminate the need for splitting I2C signals into separate transmit and receive signals for use with standalone optocouplers.
Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., isoPower technology, the on-chip isolated dc-to-dc converter provides a regulated, isolated voltage of 3.15 V to 5.25 V with up to 150 mW of output power.
With the ADM3260, the iCoupler and isoPower channels, along with the I2C transceivers, can be integrated with semiconductor circuitry, which enables a complete isolated I2C interface and allows the power converter to be implemented in a small form factor. The ADM3260 is available in 20-lead SSOP package and has an operating temperature range of −40°C to+105°C.
isoPower uses high frequency switching elements to transfer power through its transformer. Special care must be taken during printed circuit board (PCB) layout to meet emissions standards. See the AN-0971 Application Note for board layout recommendations
- Isolated I2C, SMBus, and PMBus interfaces
- Multilevel I2C interfaces
- Central office switching
- Telecommunication and data communication equipment
- −48 V distributed power systems
- −48 V power supply modules
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This user guide describes information related to the EVAL-ADM3260EBZ evaluation board. The evaluation board provides all of the support circuitry required for users to evaluate the ADM3260 hot swappable dual I2C isolators with integrated dc-to-dc converter.
The ADM3260 data sheet provides additional information and should be consulted when using the EVAL-ADM3260EBZ evaluation board.
Based on the isoPower technology, the integrated isolated dc-to-dc converter on the ADM3260 uses high frequency switching elements to transfer power through its transformer. Special care is taken during board layout to meet emissions standards. See the AN-0971 Application Note for board layout recommendations.
- Full-featured evaluation kit for ADM3260
- Screw terminals for easy connection
- Multiple test points for easy node access
- Knob adjustable isolated dc-to-dc output voltage
- Special layout to minimize electromagnetic interference (EMI)
3rd Party Solutions (1)
Product Selector Card (1)
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.