New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Certified Level 4 EMC protection on RS-485 A and B bus pins
- IEC 61000-4-5 surge protection (±4 kV)
- IEC 61000-4-4 EFT protection (±2 kV)
- IEC 61000-4-2 ESD protection
- ±8 kV contact discharge
- ±15 kV air gap discharge
- Certified IEC 61000-4-6 conducted RF immunity (10 V/m rms)
- RS-485 A and B bus pins HBM ESD >±30 kV
- Download ADM3095E-EP Data Sheet (pdf)
- Military −55°C to +125°C operating temperature range
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- 1 assembly/test site
- Enhanced product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
- V62/17618 DSCC Drawing Number
The ADM3095E is a 3.0 V to 5.5 V, 2.5 Mbps, RS-485 transceiver that features up to ±42 V ac/dc peak bus overvoltage fault protection on the RS-485 bus pins. This device is designed to withstand overvoltage faults, such as short circuits directly to power supplies, and overvoltage faults, such as ±24 V ac supplies connected in error to the RS-485 A and B bus pins. The ADM3095E is an RS-485 transceiver that integrates IEC 61000-4-5 Level 4 surge protection, allowing up to ±4 kV protection on the RS-485 bus pins. The device has IEC 61000-4-4 Level 4 electrical fast transient (EFT) protection up to ±2 kV, and IEC 61000-4-2 Level 4 electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection on the bus pins, allowing the device to withstand up to ±15 kV on the transceiver interface pins without latch-up or damage.
This device has an extended common-mode input voltage range of ±25 V to improve data communication reliability in noisy environments over long cable lengths where ground loop voltages are possible. The combination of extended common-mode input voltage range, overvoltage fault protection, surge protection, EFT protection, and ESD protection make the ADM3095E a completely integrated electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) protected RS-485 transceiver.
The ADM3095E also features a logic supply pin, VIO, for a flexible digital interface, operational to voltages as low as 1.62 V. The ADM3095E is PROFIBUS® compliant with a high driver differential output voltage, VOD, of 2.1 V minimum at power supply voltages greater than 4.5 V. The device is fully characterized over extended operating temperature ranges, with options of −40°C to +125°C, and is available in a 16-lead, narrow body SOIC package..
- Heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) networks
- Industrial field buses
- Building automation
- Utility networks
Markets & Technology
- Industrial Automation Technology (IAT)
- Aerospace and Defense
- Building Technology
- Instrumentation & Measurement
- Security and Surveillance
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADM3095EEBZ can be used for easy evaluation of the ADM3095E RS-485 transceiver with Level 4 IEC electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and full ±42 V supply fault protection. Screw terminal blocks provide convenient connections for the power and signal connections.
The EVAL-ADM3095EEBZ is easily configured through jumper connections. Jumper connections can enable or disable the RS-485 driver and receiver. Two power supplies, one supply for the VIO logic supply and one VCC supply for the RS-485 driver/receiver, can power the EVAL-ADM3095EEBZ. When powering with only one power supply, the ADM3095E VIO and VCC pins can connect with a convenient on-board jumper. In addition, test points are included for all power and signal lines.
Features & Benefits
- Level 4 IEC EMC certified RS-485 evaluation board
- Certified RS-485 A and B bus pin protection, passing
- IEC 61000-4-5 surge protection to ±4 kV
- IEC 61000-4-4 EFT protection to ±2 kV
- IEC 61000-4-2 ESD protection to
±8 kV contact discharge
±15 kV air gap discharge
- Certified IEC 61000-4-6 conducted RF immunity to Level 3 testing (10 V/m rms)
- Passes RS-485 A and B bus pins HBM ESD to >±30 kV
- Provides A and B bus pin fault protection to ±42 V ac/dc peak
- Convenient connections for power supplies and signals through screw terminal blocks
- 1.62 V to 5.5 V operating voltage range on VIO logic supply
- 3.0 V to 5.5 V operating voltage range on VCC
- Easily configurable through jumper connections
- Test points for measuring all signals
Tools & Simulations
Product Selector Card (1)
Product Selection Guide (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.