Features and Benefits
- 5.7 kV rms signal isolated CAN FD transceiver
- 1500 V peak and dc working voltage to DIN VDE 0884-11
- 1.7 V to 5.5 V supply and logic side levels
- 4.5 V to 5.5 V supply on bus side
- ISO 11898-2:2016-compliant CAN FD
- Data rates up to 12 Mbps for CAN FD
- Low maximum loop propagation delay: 155 ns
- Extended common-mode range: ±25 V
- Bus fault protection (CANH, CANL): ±40 V
- ESD protection on the CANH and CANL bus pins
- ≥±8 kV IEC 61000-4-2 contact discharge
- ≥±15 kV IEC 61000-4-2 air discharge
- Passes EN 55022, Class B by 6 dB
- Safety and regulatory approvals (pending)
- UL: 5700 V rms for 1-minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance 5A at 5.7 kV rms
- IEC 60601 and IEC 61010
- VDE Certificates of Conformity
- DIN VDE V 0884-11 (VDE V 0884-11):2017-01
- VIORM = 1500 V peak
- High common-mode transient immunity: >50 kV/μs
- Industrial operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
The ADM3058E is a 5.7 kV rms isolated controller area network (CAN) physical layer transceiver with a high perfor-mance, basic feature set. The ADM3058E fully meets the CAN flexible data rate (CAN FD) ISO 11898-2:2016 requirements and is further capable of supporting data rates as high as 12 Mbps.
The device employs Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to combine a 2-channel isolator and a CAN transceiver into a single small outline integrated circuit (SOIC) surface-mount package. The ADM3058E is a fully isolated solution for CAN and CAN FD applications. The ADM3058E provides isolation between the CAN controller and physical layer bus. Safety and regulatory approvals (pending) for a 5.7 kV rms withstand voltage and a 1500 V peak working voltage ensure that the ADM3058E meets application isolation requirements.
Low loop propagation delays and the extended common-mode range of ±25 V support robust communication on longer bus cables. Dominant timeout functionality protects against bus lock up in a fault condition, and current limiting and thermal shutdown features protect against output short circuits. The CAN bus input and output pins are protected to ±40 V against accidental connection to a +24 V bus supply. The device is fully specified over the −40°C to +125°C industrial temperature range.
- CANOpen, DeviceNet, and other CAN bus implementations
- Industrial automation
- Process control and building control
- Transport and infrastructure
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADM3058EEBZ allows the user to evaluate the ADM3058E isolated signal and power transceiver for controller area network (CAN) or CAN with flexible data rate (CAN FD) networks. The EVAL-ADM3058EEBZ allows all of the input and output functions to work without the need for external components.
Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology, the ADM3058E integrates logic side on/off keying (OOK) signal isolation channels and a low loop delay, high data rate, CAN FD transceiver.
The EVAL-ADM3058EEBZ is populated with the 8-lead standard small outline package, with increased creepage (SOIC_IC) and >8 mm creepage.
Full specifications of the ADM3058E can be found in the ADM3058E data sheet, available from Analog Devices, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADM3058EEBZ.
Features & Benefits
- ADM3058E 12 Mbps isolated CAN FD transceiver
- 2-layer PCB with low radiated emissions, passes EN 55022 Class B
- On-board LDO regulators for 6 V to 9 V supply, providing 5 V to the ADM3058E VDD1 pin and VDD2 pin
- Screw terminal connectors for the following
- 6 V to 9 V LDO regulator, 5 V power supply to VDD1 pin
- 1.7 V to 5.5 V direct power supply to VDD1 pin
- 6 V to 9 V LDO regulator, 5 V power supply to VDD2 pin
- 4.5 V to 5.5 V direct power supply to VDD2 pin
- TXD pin, RXD pin, CANH pin, CANL pin signals
- Divided PCB return planes for GND1 and GND2
- SMA connectors for TXD pin and RXD pin signals
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.