Features and Benefits
- 5 kV rms isolated CAN transceiver
- Integrated V+ linear regulator
- Bus side powered by V+ and V−
- 11 V to 25 V operation on V+
- 5 V or 3.3 V operation on VDD1
- Complies with ISO 11898 standard
- High speed data rates up to 1 Mbps
- Short-circuit protection on bus pins
- Integrated bus miswire protection
- Unpowered nodes do not disturb the bus
- 110 or more nodes on the bus
- Thermal shutdown protection
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/μs
- Safety and regulatory approvals
- UL recognition: 5000 VRMS for 1 minute per UL 1577
- VDE Certificates of Conformity
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
- VIORM = 846 V peak
- Industrial operating temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
- Wide body, 16-lead SOIC package
Product DetailsThe ADM3052 is an isolated controller area network (CAN) physical layer transceiver with a V+ integrated linear regulator. The ADM3052 complies with the ISO 11898 standard.
The device employs Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to combine a 3-channel isolator, a CAN transceiver, and a linear regulator into a single package. The power is isolated between a single 3.3 V or 5 V supply on VDD1, the logic side, and a single 24 V supply provided on V+, the bus side.
The ADM3052 creates an isolated interface between the CAN protocol controller and the physical layer bus. It is capable of running at data rates up to 1 Mbps.
The device has integrated miswire protection on the bus pins, V+, V−, CANH, and CANL.
The device has current-limiting and thermal shutdown features to protect against output short circuits and situations where the bus may be shorted to ground or power terminals. The part is fully specified over the industrial temperature range and is available in a 16-lead, wide-body SOIC package.
- CAN Data Buses
- Industrial Field Networks
- DeviceNet Applications
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Tools & Simulations
Product Selector Card (1)
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Product Selection Guide (1)
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Technical Articles (1)
Analog Dialogue (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.