Features and Benefits
- 5 kV rms isolated CAN transceiver
- Integrated V+ linear regulator
- Bus side powered by V+ and V−
- 11 V to 25 V operation on V+
- 5 V or 3.3 V operation on VDD1
- Complies with ISO 11898 standard
- High speed data rates up to 1 Mbps
- Short-circuit protection on bus pins
- Integrated bus miswire protection
- Unpowered nodes do not disturb the bus
- 110 or more nodes on the bus
- Thermal shutdown protection
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/μs
- Safety and regulatory approvals
- UL recognition: 5000 VRMS for 1 minute per UL 1577
- VDE Certificates of Conformity
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
- VIORM = 846 V peak
- Industrial operating temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
- Wide body, 16-lead SOIC package
Product DetailsThe ADM3052 is an isolated controller area network (CAN) physical layer transceiver with a V+ integrated linear regulator. The ADM3052 complies with the ISO 11898 standard.
The device employs Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to combine a 3-channel isolator, a CAN transceiver, and a linear regulator into a single package. The power is isolated between a single 3.3 V or 5 V supply on VDD1, the logic side, and a single 24 V supply provided on V+, the bus side.
The ADM3052 creates an isolated interface between the CAN protocol controller and the physical layer bus. It is capable of running at data rates up to 1 Mbps.
The device has integrated miswire protection on the bus pins, V+, V−, CANH, and CANL.
The device has current-limiting and thermal shutdown features to protect against output short circuits and situations where the bus may be shorted to ground or power terminals. The part is fully specified over the industrial temperature range and is available in a 16-lead, wide-body SOIC package.
- CAN Data Buses
- Industrial Field Networks
- DeviceNet Applications
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Documentation & Resources
Configure Controller Area Network (CAN) Bit Timing to Optimize Performance9/1/2014 Analog Dialogue
Designing with iCoupler Digital Isolators in Solar PV Inverters1/1/2011
Tools & Simulations
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.