Features and Benefits
- Isolated, RS-485/RS-422 transceiver, configurable as half- or full-duplex
- ±15 kV ESD protection on RS-485 input/output pins
- 500 kbps data rate
- Complies with ANSI TIA/EIA RS-485-A-1998 and ISO 8482: 1987(E)
- Suitable for 5 V or 3.3 V operation (VDD1)
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/μs
- True fail-safe receiver inputs
- 256 nodes on the bus
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Safety and regulatory approvals
- UL recognition
- 5000 V rms isolation voltage for 1 minute per UL1577
- VDE certificate of conformity
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10): 2006-12
- Reinforced insulation, VIORM = 849 VPEAK
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- IEC 60950-1: 380 V rms (reinforced)
- UL recognition
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
- Wide body, 16-lead SOIC package
The ADM2484E is an isolated data transceiver with ±15 kV ESD protection suitable for high speed, half- or full-duplex communication on multipoint transmission lines. For half-duplex operation, the transmitter outputs and receiver inputs share the same transmission line. Transmitter Output Pin Y links externally to Receiver Input Pin A, and Transmitter Output Pin Z links externally to Receiver Input Pin B.
Designed for balanced transmission lines, the ADM2484E complies with ANSI TIA/EIA RS-485-A-1998 and ISO 8482: 1987(E). The device employs Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to combine a 3-channel isolator, a three-state differential line driver, and a differential input receiver into a single package.
The differential transmitter outputs and receiver inputs feature electrostatic discharge circuitry that provides protection up to ±15 kV using the human body model (HBM). The logic side of the device can be powered with either a 5 V or a 3.3 V supply, whereas the bus side requires an isolated 3.3 V supply.
The device has current-limiting and thermal shutdown features to protect against output short circuits and situations where bus contention causes excessive power dissipation.Applications
- Isolated RS-485/RS-422 interfaces
- Industrial field networks
- Multipoint data transmission systems
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADM2484EEBZ allows the isolated ADM2484E RS-485 transceiver to be easily and quickly evaluated. The evaluation board allows all of the input and output functions to be exercised without the need for external components. The ADM2484E differential bus transceiver is an integrated, galvanically isolated component designed for bidirectional data communication on multipoint bus transmission lines.
The device employs Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to combine a 3-channel isolator, a three-state differential line driver, and a differential input receiver into a single package. The logic side of the device is powered with either a 5 V or a 3.3 V supply, and the bus side uses an isolated 3.3 V supply.
Product Selector Card (1)
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.