Features and Benefits
- 600 MHz/1200 Mbps data rate
- 3-level driver with high-Z and reflection clamps
- Window and differential comparators
- ±25 mA active load
- Per pin PPMU with −2.0 V to +6.5 V range
- Low leakage mode (typically 4 nA)
- Integrated 16-bit DACs with offset and gain correction
- High speed operating voltage range: −1.5 V to +6.5 V
- Dedicated VHH output pin range: 0.0 V to 13.5 V
- 1.1 W power dissipation per channel
- 3-level voltage range: −1.5 V to +6.5 V
- Precision trimmed output resistance
- Unterminated swing: 200 mV minimum to 8 V maximum
- 725 ps minimum pulse width, VIH − VIL = 2.0 V
- Differential and single-ended window modes
- >1.2 GHz input equivalent bandwidth
- ±25 mA current range
- Per pin PPMU (PPMU)
- Force voltage/compliance range: −2.0 V to +6.5 V
- 5 current ranges: 40 mA, 1 mA, 100 μA, 10 μA, 2 μA
- External sense input for system PMU
- Go/no-go comparators
- Fully integrated 16-bit DACs
- On-chip gain and offset calibration registers and add/multiply engine
- 84-lead 10 mm × 10 mm LFCSP (0.4 mm pitch)
The ADATE318 is a complete, single-chip ATE solution that performs the pin electronics functions of driver, comparator, and active load (DCL), four quadrant, per pin, parametric measurement unit (PPMU). It has VHH drive capability per chip to support flash memory testing applications and integrated 16-bit DACs with an on-chip calibration engine to provide all necessary dc levels for operation of the part.
The driver features three active states: data high, data low, and terminate mode, as well as a high impedance inhibit state. The inhibit state, in conjunction with the integrated dynamic clamps, facilitates the implementation of a high speed active termination. The output voltage capability is −1.5 V to +6.5 V to accommodate a wide range of ATE and instrumentation applications.
The ADATE318 can be used as a dual, single-ended drive/ receive channel or as a single differential drive/receive channel. Each channel of the ADATE318 features a high speed window comparator as well as a programmable threshold differential comparator for differential ATE applications. A four quadrant PPMU is also provided per channel.
All dc levels for DCL and PPMU functions are generated by 24 on-chip 16-bit DACs. To facilitate accurate levels programming, the ADATE318 contains an integrated calibration function to correct gain and offset errors for each functional block. Correction coefficients can be stored on chip, and any values written to the DACs are automatically adjusted using the appropriate correction factors.
The ADATE318 uses a serial programmable interface (SPI) bus to program all functional blocks, DACs, and on-chip calibration constants. It also has an on-chip temperature sensor and over/undervoltage fault clamps for monitoring and reporting the device temperature and any output pin or PPMU voltage faults that may occur during operation.
- Automatic test equipment
- Semiconductor test systems
- Board test systems
- Instrumentation and characterization equipment
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.