Features and Benefits
- Four inputs, one output DVI/HDMI links:
- Four auxiliary channels per link
Bidirectional unbuffered inputs/outputs
Flexible supply operation (3.3 V to 5 V)
HDCP standard compatible
Allows switching of DDC bus and two additional signals
FOUR TMDS CHANNELS PER LINK
- Supports 250 Mbps to 1.65 Gbps data rates
- Supports 25 MHz to 165 MHz pixel clocks
- Equalized inputs for operation with long HDMI cables (20 meters at 1080p)
- Fully buffered unidirectional inputs/outputs
- Globally switchable 50 Ω on-chip terminations
- Pre-emphasized outputs
- Low added jitter
- Single-supply operation (3.3 V)
- Multiple channel bundling modes
1x(4:1) DVI/HDMI link switch (default)
2x(8:1) TMDS channel switch
1x(16:1) TMDS channel switch
- Output disable feature
- Reduced power dissipation
- Allows building of larger arrays
- Two AD8191s support DVI/HDMI dual-link
- Standards compatible: DVI, HDMI, HDCP
- Serial (I2C slave) and parallel control interface
- 100-pin 14 mm × 14 mm LQFP Pb-free package
The AD8191 is a DVI/HDMI switch featuring equalized TMDS inputs and pre-emphasized TMDS outputs, ideal for systems with long cable runs. Outputs can be set to a high impedance state to reduce the power dissipation and/or allow the construction of larger arrays using the wire-OR technique. Flexible channel bundling modes allow the AD8191 to be configured as a 4:1 single DVI/HDMI link switch, a dual 8:1 TMDS channel switch, or a single 16:1 TMDS channel switch.
The AD8191 is provided in a 100-lead LQFP lead-free package specified to operate over the 0°C to 70°C temperature range.
- Supports data rates up to 1.65Gbps, enabling UXGA (1600x1200) DVI resolutions and 1080p HDMI formats.
- Input cable equalizer enables use of long cables at the input (more than 20 meters of 24 AWG cable at 1080p).
- Auxiliary switch allows routing of DDC signals for a single-chip, fully HDMI 1.2a receive-compliant solution.
- Multi-input displays and projectors
- A/V receivers
- Set-top boxes
- Advanced television (HDTV)
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.