Features and Benefits
- High bandwidth (50Mbps) digital bus support for up to 32 upstream and downstream audio channels
- Data, control, plus power on a single wire pair provides system cost reduction using low-cost unshielded, twisted pair cable
- Single-master, multiple-slave, line topology supports daisy chaining with zero processor intervention
- Phantom power capability eliminates the need for local power supplies
- Embedded diagnostics provide easy system level fault detection & correction
- Fully configurable via SigmaStudio™ graphical design environment promotes Fast time to market
- Qualified for automotive applications
The Automotive Audio Bus® (A2B®) is an innovative technology that reduces system cost, weight, and design complexity by distributing audio and control data, together with clock and power over a single, low-cost, unshielded twisted pair cable. The AD2402 is a feature and cost reduced member of the A2B family specifically targeting connectivity to PDM-output microphones and sensors.
The AD2402 is targeted for use in wiring intensive applications where reducing the weight or complexity of existing cable harnesses is a primary system design objective. In the automotive segment, this weight reduction leads to significant improvements in fuel efficiency which is particularly important as car manufacturers are forced to comply with increasingly more stringent government standards.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.