Features and Benefits
- High bandwidth (50Mbps) digital bus, support for up to 32 upstream audio channels
- Data, control, plus power on a single wire pair provides system cost reduction using low-cost unshielded, twisted pair cable
- Single-master, multiple-slave, line topology supports daisy chaining with zero processor intervention. The AD2401 can be configured as an end-node only.
- Phantom power capability eliminates the need for local power supplies
- Embedded diagnostics enable easy system level fault detection & correction
- Fully configurable via SigmaStudio™ graphical design environment allows Fast time to market
- Qualified for automotive applications
The AD2401W, Automotive Audio Bus® (A2B®) is an innovative technology that reduces system cost, weight, and design complexity by distributing audio and control data, together with clock and power over a single, low-cost, unshielded twisted pair cable. The AD2401 is the lowest cost member of a family of devices that support direct point-to-point connections while allowing multiple nodes to be connected in a daisy-chain configuration.
The AD2401 is targeted for use in wiring intensive applications where reducing the weight or complexity of existing cable harnesses is a primary system design objective. In the automotive segment, this weight reduction leads to significant improvements in fuel efficiency which is particularly important as car manufacturers are forced to comply with increasingly more stringent government standards.
Please contact your nearest ADI sales office to complete the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) required to receive additional technical product information.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.