Features and Benefits
- Wide input supply voltage range: 4.5 V to 60 V
- Integrated flyback power switch
- Generates isolated, independent, resistor-programmable bipolar outputs and factory-programmable buck output
- VOUT1: 6 V to 28 V
- VOUT2: 5.0 V
- VOUT3: −24 V to −2 V
- 86% typical efficiency at 2.61 W output power
- Programmable power control pin (PPC_IN) for adjusting VOUT1 through serial command
- Uses a 1:1 ratio transformer for simplified transformer design
- Adjustable switching frequency via SYNC input
- Peak current limiting and overvoltage protection
- Internal compensation and soft start control per regulator
- Precision enable input
- High speed, low propagation delay, SPI signal isolation channels
- Three 100 kbps general-purpose isolated data channels
- 41-lead, 9 mm × 7 mm LFCSP form factor enables small overall solution size
- −40°C to +125°C operating junction temperature range
- Safety and regulatory approvals (pending)
- CISPR11 Class B radiated emission
- UL recognition: 2500 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- 300 V rms basic insulation between slave, master, and field power domains (IEC 61010-1, pending)
- VDE certificate of conformity
- DIN V VDE 0884-10 (VDE 0884-10):2006-12
- VIORM = 565 V peak
The ADP1034 is high performance, isolated micropower management unit (PMU) that combines an isolated flyback dc-to-dc regu-lator, an inverting buck boost dc-to-dc regulator, and a buck dc-to-dc regulator, providing three isolated power rails. The ADP1034 includes four high speed serial peripheral interface (SPI) isolation channels and three general-purpose isolators for channel to channel applications where low power dissipation and small solution size are required.
Operating over an input voltage range of 4.5 V to 60 V, the ADP1034 generates isolated output voltage ranges of 6 V to 28 V for VOUT1, −24 V to −2 V for VOUT3, and a factory-programmable voltage of 5 V for VOUT2. Additionally, a PPC_IN pin is provided for adjusting the VOUT1 setting on demand through a serial command that allows higher efficiency in system level applications.
By default, the ADP1034 flyback regulator operates at a 250 kHz switching frequency, and the buck and inverting regulators operate at 125 kHz. The ADP1034 can be driven by an external oscillator in the range of 350 kHz to 750 kHz to ease noise filtering in sensitive applications.
The digital isolators integrated in the ADP1034 use Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® chip scale transformer technology optimized for low power and low radiated emissions. The ADP1034 is available in a 9 mm × 7 mm, 41-lead lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP) and is rated for a −40°C to +125°C operating junction temperature range.
- Industrial automation and process control
- Instrumentation and data acquisition systems
- Data and power isolation
Markets and Technologies
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
# of Channels
Iso Vout (min)
Iso Vout (max)
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADP1034CP-1-EVALZ is a fully featured evaluation board that demonstrates the functionality of the ADP1034 dc-to-dc flyback regulator with programmable power control (PPC), buck and inverting buck-boost regulators, and the isolated data channels.
Users can evaluate ADP1034 device measurements, such as line regulation, load regulation, and efficiency with the evaluation board. The ADP1034CP-1-EVALZ board also assists in evaluating the functionality of the PPC and isolated digital channels. Device features including oscillator synchronization, soft start, sequencing, and slew rate control can be demonstrated on the evaluation board.
Full details about the ADP1034 are available in the ADP1034 data sheet, which must be consulted when using the ADP1034CP-1-EVALZ. Refer to the ADP1034 data sheet for more details about the dc‑to-dc converters and isolated data channels.
Features & Benefits
- Input voltage range: 4.5 V to 60 V
- Output voltage VOUT1: 24 V
- Output voltage VOUT2: 5.0 V
- Output voltage VOUT3: −15 V
- Enable and disable controls
- Slew rate controls
- Access to SYNC pin for oscillator synchronization
- Access to all 7 data channels
- Access to PPC_IN pin for VOUT1 output control
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.