Features and Benefits
- High bandwidth (50Mbps) digital bus support for up to 32 upstream and downstream audio channels
- Data, control, plus power on a single wire pair provides system cost reduction using low-cost unshielded, twisted pair cable
- Single-master, multiple-slave, line topology supports daisy chaining with zero processor intervention
- Phantom power capability eliminates the need for local power supplies
- Embedded diagnostics provide easy system level fault detection & correction
- Fully configurable via SigmaStudio™ graphical design environment promotes Fast time to market
The Automotive Audio Bus® (A2B®) is an innovative technology that reduces system cost, weight, and design complexity by distributing audio and control data, together with clock and power over a single, low-cost, unshielded twisted pair cable. The AD2425W is an enhanced A2B transceiver offering an expanded feature set while retaining complete compatibility with existing AD241x devices. The AD2425W is fully configurable supporting both master and slave functionality.
The AD2425W is targeted for use in wiring intensive applications where reducing the weight or complexity of existing cable harnesses is a primary system design objective. These applications include Premium Audio Systems, Active Noise Cancellation, and In-Car Communications.
- Automotive audio communication link
- Active noise cancellation
- Microphone arrays for hands free and in car communication
Markets & Technology
Please contact your nearest ADI sales office to complete a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) required to receive additional technical product information.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.