Features and Benefits
- 2.5V to 5.5V Single-Supply Operation
- Only a Single External Component (VDD Capacitor) Required in Many Applications
- I2S, Left-Justified, or TDM Input
- Five Selectable Gains (3dB, 6dB, 9dB, 12dB, and 15dB)
- Audio Channel Select (Left, Right, and Mono Mix)
- Filterless Operation
- Optional Class D Output Filters for Ease of Evaluation
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX98357 development board (DEV board) is a fully assembled and tested PCB that evaluates the MAX98357 I2S digital input Class D power amplifier. The DEV board operates from a single 2.5V to 5.5V DC power supply and is capable of delivering 3.2W into a 4Ω load. The device outputs can be connected directly to a speaker load for filterless applications. However, a filter can be added to ease evaluation. The MAX98357A accepts standard I2S data and the MAX98357B accepts left-justified digital audio data. Both versions also support 8-channel TDM audio data.
The MAX98357 evaluation system (EV system) includes the MAX98357 DEV board and Maxim Integrated’s audio interface board (MAXAUDINT001# board).
The MAXAUDINT001# board provides an easy-to-use USB audio-to-I2S converter. This allows for any computer to become a digital audio source, which can be used to evaluate the devices. The MAXAUDINT001# board can also be used to power the MAX98357. This allows for a complete evaluation from a single USB connection.
- Cellular Phones
- Notebook and Netbook Computers
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.