Features and Benefits
- Programmable Current Limit Up to 1A
- Two Current Ranges (Jumper Selectable)
- Measure and Read Back Load Current, Load Voltage, and Set Point
- Power Source Up to 30V
- Jumper-Selectable I²C Address Setting for the MAX9611
- 6-Pin Pmod-Compatible Connector (I²C)
- Secondary Header Allows Daisy-Chaining of Additional Modules on the I²C Bus
- Example Software Written in C for Portability
- RoHS Compliant
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX9611PMB1 peripheral module provides the necessary hardware to interface the MAX9611 current-sense amplifier with 12-bit ADC and op amp, along with the MAX5380 8-bit DAC, to any system that utilizes Pmod™-compatible expansion ports configurable for I²C communication. The IC is configured with an external p-channel FET and a current-sense resistor to form a current-limiting circuit capable of handling currents up to 1A. An 8-bit DAC (U1) is used to set the current-limit point programmatically by the host through the I²C bus. In addition to providing a programmable current-limit function, the ADC within the IC measures the load current/voltage and the set-point voltage that can be read by the host through the I²C bus.
Refer to the MAX9611 IC data sheet for detailed information regarding operation of the IC.
- Battery Operated Equipment
- General Power Supply/Monitoring Applications
- Handheld Devices
- Server Backplanes
Documentation & Resources
UG-5483: Analog Essentials Getting Started Guide for Zedboard8/17/20121M
UG-5466: Analog Essentials Getting Started Guide for LX9 and Nexys37/18/20121M
MAX9611PMB1: MAX9611PMB1 Peripheral Module Data Sheet (Rev. 0)5/16/20121M
Maxim Analog Essentials Collection7/20/2012501K
Tools & Simulations
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.