Features and Benefits
- 0.5% Battery Voltage Accuracy
- 3% Input Current-Limit Accuracy
- 3% Battery Charge-Current Accuracy
- Up to 8A Battery Charge Current
- +8V to +25V Input Voltage Range
- Charges Li+, NiCd, NiMH Battery Chemistries
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limiting
- SMBus-Compatible 2-Wire Serial Interface
- Includes Windows 95/98/2000/XP-Compatible Software and Demo PCB
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX8731A evaluation kit (EV kit) is an efficient, multi-chemistry battery charger. It uses the Intel system management bus (SMBus™) to control the battery-regulation voltage, charger current output, and input current-limit set point.
The MAX8731A EV kit can charge one, two, three, or four series Li+ cells with a current up to 8A. The MAX8731A evaluation system (EV system) consists of a MAX8731A EV kit and the Maxim SMBUSMON2 board. The MAX8731A EV kit includes Windows® 95/98/2000/XP-compatible software to provide a user-friendly interface.
- Medical Devices
- Notebook Computers
- Portable Equipment with Rechargeable Batteries
- Tablet PCs
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.