Features and Benefits
- Up to 16V Protection
- 13.7V Maximum Input Operating Voltage
- 3.15A Maximum Charging Current
- 6A Discharge Current Protection
- No Firmware or Communication Required
- Integrated USB Detection
- Integrated CC Detection for USB Type-C
- Integrated BC1.2 Detection for Legacy SDP, DCP, and CDP
- Automatic Input Current Limit Configuration
- Input Voltage Regulation with Adaptive Input Current Limit (AICL)
- 5.1V, 1.5A OTG Mode and BYP Reverse Boost
- Termination Voltage
- 4.1V to 4.55V for Li-ion and Li-poly Batteries
- 3.6V/3.7V for LiFePO4 Battery
- Charge Safety Timer
- JEITA Compliance with NTC Thermistor (MAX77787J)
- HOT/COLD Stop Charging with NTC Thermistor (MAX77787H)
- Thermal Shutdown
- Pin Control of all Functions
- Resistor-Configurable Fast-Charge Current, Termination Voltage, and Input Current Limit
- ENBST Pin to Enable and Disable Reverse Boost
- STAT Pin to Indicate Charging Status
- INOKB Pin to Indicate Input Power-OK (POK)
- CHGENB Pin to Enable and Disable Charging
- STBY Pin to Support Suspend Mode
- THM Pin to Monitor Thermistor
- Fixed Resistor Options to Easily set Fast-Charge Current, Termination Voltage, and Input Current Limit
- Integrated Power Path
- Integrated Battery True-Disconnect FET
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX77787 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested printed circuit board (PCB) that demonstrates the MAX77787, standalone 3.15A USB Type-C® autonomous charger with JEITA.
The MAX77787 can operate from 4.5V to 13.7V input, with a fast charge current up to 3.15A and a maximum input current limit of 3A. The MAX77787 is offered to support Li-ion batteries with JEITA compliance. It also has another option that supports LiFePO4 batteries with non-JEITA compliance.
The EV kit features USB Type-C CC detection, battery charging compliant with the USB Battery Charging Specification Revision 1.2 (BC1.2), proprietary adapter detection upon input insertion, and automatic configuration of the charger input current limit to the maximum allowable current from the input source.
The MAX77787 has the reverse-boost capability, which is enabled by the ENBST pin to allow the 5.1V/1.5A output to CHGIN. The EV kit includes the variable resistor and thermistor to demonstrate the JEITA compliance.
- Mobile Point-of-Sale (mPOS) Terminals
- Portable Medical Devices
- Wireless Headphones
- GPS Trackers
- Charging Cradles for Wearable Devices
- Power Banks
- Mobile Routers
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.