Features and Benefits
- Meets Stringent OEM Module Power Consumption
and Performance Specifications
- ±1.5% Output-Voltage Accuracy at FB
- Output Voltage Adjustable Between 12V and 65V
- 5µA Shutdown Supply Current
- High Efficiency and Current Sharing
- Preset Gate Drive Voltage for External MOSFETs from 5.5V to 10V Allows User to Optimize External MOSFETs
- Current Sharing Accuracy is ±5% Between 2 Phases to Improve System Efficiency
- EMI Reduction Features Reduce Interference with
Sensitive Radio Bands without Sacrificing Wide Input Voltage Range
- Spread-Spectrum Option
- Frequency-Synchronization Input
- Resistor-Programmable Frequency Between 200kHz and 2.2MHz
- Integration and Thermally Enhanced Packages Save Board Space and Cost
- Current-Mode Controllers with Forced-Continuous and Skip Modes
- Side Wettable 32-Pin TQFN-EP Package
- Protection Features and I2C diagnostics for Improved System Reliability
- Supply Undervoltage Lockout
- Die Temperature Monitoring via I2C
- Short Circuit Protection with True Shutdown
- Individual Phase Current Monitoring via I2C
The MAX25203 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested board for evaluating the MAX25203 dualphase automotive synchronous boost controller. The MAX25203 enables infotainment systems to stay in regulation during cold crank or start-stop operation all the way down to battery input of 1.8V. It can also be used to generate backlight voltage and class D audio amplifier voltages. This device can start with an input voltage supply from 4.5V to 42V and can operate down to 1.8V after start-up and has a low 5µA shutdown supply current.
The MAX25203 features a power-OK monitor, overvoltage and undervoltage lockout. Protection features include cycle-by-cycle current limit and thermal shutdown. It is specified for operation over the -40°C to +125°C automotive temperature range.
- Automotive Audio Amplifier
- Infotainment Systems
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.