Features and Benefits
- Easy Evaluation of the MAX2170
- +2.7V to +3.5V Single-Supply Operation
- 50Ω SMA Connector on the RF Ports
- 50Ω BNC Connector for the Baseband Output
- Jumpers for Automatic Gain Control
- All Critical Peripheral Components Included
- Parallel Port for I²C Interfacing
- PC Control Software Available at www.maximintegrated.com
The MAX2170 evaluation kit (EV kit) simplifies evaluation of the MAX2170 direct-conversion to low-IF tuner. It enables testing of the device's performance and requires no additional support circuitry. Standard 50Ω SMA and BNC connectors are included on the EV kit for the inputs and outputs to allow quick and easy evaluation on the test bench. The EV kit is fully assembled and tested at the factory.
This document provides a list of equipment required to evaluate the device, a straightforward test procedure to verify functionality, a description of the EV kit circuit, the circuit schematic, a bill of materials (BOM) for the kit, and artwork for each layer of the PCB.
- Fixed and Mobile Digital Audio Broadcast (DAB)
- Terrestrial Digital Multimedia Broadcast (T-DMB)