Features and Benefits
- High-Voltage Step-Down Converter with Integrated Power FETs to Minimize Board-Area-Occupancy
- Asynchronous Boost Controller
- 3.5V to 40V Input Supply Range
- Input Supply Range Extended down to 2V with Pre-Boost Enabled
- 10V Fixed Boost Output Voltage (Separate Option Provides Adjustable Output Voltage)
- Buck Provides 5V/3.3V Output up to 3.5A Output Current
- Buck Output Voltages Adjustable between 1V and 10V using External Resistors
- ±2% Buck Output Voltage Accuracy
- Frequency-Synchronization Input
- Independent Enable Inputs
- Voltage-Monitoring PGOOD1 Output
- Jumpers and Test Points on Key Nodes for Simplified Evaluation
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX20458 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested application circuit that simplifies the evaluation of the MAX20458 400kHz/2.1MHz, 36V boost controller and buck converter in a 28-pin side-wettable TQFN package. All installed components are rated for the automotive temperature range. Various test points and jumpers are included for evaluation.
The standard EV kit comes with the MAX20458ATIA/VY+ installed (3.3V/ADJ, 2.1MHz) but can also be used to evaluate other MAX20458 variants with minimal component changes discussed in the Evaluating Other Variants section.
- Automotive Start-Stop System
- Instrument Cluster
- Navigation and Radio Head Units
- Telematics Applications
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.