Features and Benefits
- 3.5V to 36V Input Range
- 20µA Quiescent Current with DC-DC Controller Enabled
- Output Voltages
- 5V Output at 5A (High-Voltage, Step-Down Controller, Buck 1)
- 3.3V Output at 3A (Step-Down Converter, Buck 2)
- 1.2V Output at 3A (Step-Down Converter, Buck 3)
- High-Frequency Operation
- 2.1MHz or Optional Divide-Down Operation for Buck 1
- Individual Enable Inputs and Reset Outputs
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX20028 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount PCB that contains all the components necessary to evaluate the MAX20028 power-management IC (PMIC). The EV kit includes one high-voltage step-down controller and two low-voltage step-down converters.
The EV kit can operate from 3.5V to 36V input voltages and is optimized for automotive infotainment applications. The high-voltage controller is configured for a 5V output that provides at least 5A. The low-voltage step-down converters are configured for 3.3V and 1.2V, each providing up to 3A. The EV kit can be easily reconfigured to operate in continuous PWM mode, skip mode, or external synchronization operation.
The EV kit comes with MAX20028ATJA/VY+ device installed, but is capable of evaluating other variants of the MAX20028 IC. Refer to the MAX20028 IC data sheet for external component selection.
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.