Features and Benefits
- EV System Includes EV Kit and 80C32 µC Module
- 12-Bit Resolution, 1/2 LSB Linearity ADC
- MAX191 Operates in Single- or Dual-Supply Mode
- EV System Operates in:
- Unipolar- or Bipolar-Input Mode
- Serial- or Parallel-Interface Mode
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Software Source-Code Provided
- Interfaces to IBM-Compatible Computer through RS-232 Communications Port
- Kit Supports Conversion Rates Beyond 50ksps
The MAX191 evaluation system (EV system) consists of a MAX191 evaluation kit (EV kit) connected to a Maxim 80C32 microcontroller (µC) module. The unit connects to an IBM®-compatible personal computer running software provided with the MAX191 EV kit. Both boards come fully assembled and tested.
The MAX191 EV system can configure the MAX191 in a variety of ways: It can operate in serial- or parallel-interface mode and in unipolar or bipolar mode, and VSS can be connected to ground or -5V. All functions are controlled through keyboard commands entered on the personal computer.
The MAX191 EV system supersedes the MAX190 EV kit. The MAX190 kit was limited to the positive input range (0V to +4.096V) and serial-interface mode only.
Order the EV system (MAX191EVSYS-DIP) to evaluate the MAX191 using software. Order the EV kit (MAX191EVKIT-DIP) if the 80C32 module (80C32MODULE-DIP) has already been purchased separately or with another Maxim EV system. The MAX191 EV kit alone can be used for limited evaluation of the MAX191 (see the EV Kit Quick Start section).
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- Battery-Powered Data Logging
- Data Acquisition
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Electromechanical Systems
- High-Accuracy Process Control
- PC Pen Digitizers