Features and Benefits
- Delivering 3A Output Current
- 94% Efficiency
- Synchronous Rectifier Improves Efficiency
- Output Voltage Preset to 1.8V
- 1.5V, 1.8V, or 2.5V Selectable
- 1.1V to VIN Adjustable
- 3V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- No External Schottky Diode Required
- Less than 1µA (typ) IC Shutdown Current
- Surface-Mount Construction
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX1830 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a 1.8V output from a 3V to 5.5V input voltage source. It delivers up to 3A output current with a 94% (max) efficiency. The MAX1830 EV kit includes the MAX1830 step-down switching regulator with an internal synchronous rectifier to increase efficiency and reduce the number of external components. The resistor-programmable fixed-off-time, current-mode architecture allows an optimum response to load and line transients. This EV kit, as configured, operates at approximately 550kHz from 3.3V inputs and 770kHz from 5V inputs.
The MAX1830 EV kit can be configured to produce a preset output voltage of 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, or is feedback adjustable from 1.1V to VIN.
This EV kit can also be used to evaluate the MAX1831 with preset output voltages of 1.5V, 2.5V, and 3.3V, or adjustable output voltage from 1.1V to VIN.
- 5V or 3.3V to Low-Voltage Conversion
- Chipset Supplies
- CPU I/O Supplies
- Notebook and Subnotebook Computers