Features and Benefits
- No Current-Sense Resistor
- +5V to +20V Input Voltage Range
- 3.3V or 5V Preset Output Voltage (MAX1791)
- 1.8V or 2.5V Preset Output Voltage (MAX1762)
- Adjustable Output Voltage (1.25V to 5.5V, External Divider)
- 2A Output Current
- 300kHz Switching Frequency
- 5µA IC Shutdown Current
- 10-Pin µMAX® Package
- Low-Profile Components
- Surface-Mount Construction
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX1791 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates a standard 2A application circuit. This DC-DC converter steps down high-voltage batteries and/or AC adapters, generating a precision, low-voltage rail for use as chipset, I/O, and other low-voltage supplies in notebook computers and PDAs.
The MAX1791 EV kit provides a 3.3V output voltage from a +5V to +20V battery input range. It delivers up to 2A output current with greater than 90% efficiency. The EV kit operates at 300kHz switching frequency and has superior line- and load-transient response.
This EV kit is a fully assembled and tested circuit board. It also allows the evaluation of other output voltages in the 1.25V to 5.5V range by changing feedback resistors R1 and R2. This EV kit can also be used to evaluate the MAX1762 (1.8V or 2.5V output voltage).
- 1.8V/2.5V Logic and I/O Supplies
- Digital Still Cameras
- Handy Terminals
- Notebook Computers