Features and Benefits
- Input Voltages
- +3.65V to +5.5V (AC Adapter, as configured)
- +2.7V to +5.5V (Main Battery, as configured)
- +0.9V to +3.2V (Backup Battery)
- Output Voltages
- +3.3V Output at 1.5A
- +1.8V Output at 500mA
- Outputs are Adjustable with Resistors
- Internal MOSFET Switches (Core and Backup Converters)
- 8µA (typ) IC Shutdown Current
- Switching Frequency up to 1.25MHz
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX1774 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount circuit board that contains a dual step-down switching converter with a backup converter circuit and low-voltage detectors. The circuit is configured for a main output voltage of 3.3V and a core output voltage of 1.8V. The main output provides up to 1.5A, and the core output provides up to 500mA of current.
Power for the circuit can be provided from a 3.65V to 5.5V DC source. The EV kit can be reconfigured for input voltages up to 28V. The core's input can be powered from the input source, or for higher input voltages, from the main output. The EV kit circuit includes battery monitoring, switchover, and backup, allowing automatic backup operation.
The MAX1774 EV kit demonstrates low quiescent current and high efficiency (up to 95%) for maximum battery life. Operation up to 1.25MHz allows the use of tiny surfacemount components.
- Handheld Computers
- Internet Access Tablets
- POS Terminals