Features and Benefits
- 0.91V to VOUT Input Voltage Range
- Two Complete Boost Circuits
- 3.3V Fixed (MAX1724)
- 3.6V Adjustable Output (MAX1722)
- Up to 50mA Output from a 1-Cell Input
- Up to 100mA Output from a 2-Cell Input
- 1.5µA Quiescent Current from VOUT
- Up to 90% Efficiency with Synchronous Rectification
- Switching Frequency Up to 200kHz
- All Surface-Mount Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested Board
The MAX1724 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount circuit board that contains two separate boost switching-regulator circuits. The left-side circuit contains a MAX1724 with a preset 3.3V output. Other preset voltages of 2.7V, 3.0V, or 5.0V are also available. The right-side circuit contains a MAX1722, which has an adjustable output voltage. This circuit's output is set for 3.6V. All devices regulate with input voltages from 0.91V to VOUT, making them ideal for 1- or 2-cell alkaline and NiMH battery applications.
The right-side circuit may also be used to evaluate the MAX1723, which features a shutdown (active-low SHDN) mode. The MAX1722/MAX1724 has a BATT pin, which lowers the guaranteed startup voltage from 1.2V to 0.91V.
The MAX1722/MAX1723/MAX1724 feature synchronous rectification and ultra-low (1.5µA typ) quiescent current for maximum efficiency and long battery life. Operation up to 200kHz allows tiny surface-mount components.
- Digital Still Cameras
- Low-Power Handheld Instruments
- MP3 Players
- PDAs and Other Handheld Devices
- Personal Medical Devices
- Remote Controls
- Remote Wireless Transmitters
- Single-Cell Battery-Powered Devices