Features and Benefits
- 0.7V to VOUT Input Voltage Range
- Pin-Selectable +3.3V or +5V Output Voltage (+5V as Shipped)
- Adjustable Output Voltage (+2.5V to +5.5V, External Divider)
- Up to 2A Output Current
- 600kHz PWM Operation
- Internal 5A MOSFET Switch
- 1µA IC Shutdown Current
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX1708 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a step-up DC-DC switching regulator for 1- to 3-cell battery inputs as well as +2.5V or +3.3V regulated supply inputs. The EV kit accepts a positive input between 0.7V and VOUT, and converts it to a higher, pin-selectable output voltage.
Efficiency is up to 90% with output load currents to 2A. This EV kit operates at fixed 600kHz PWM frequency, allowing the use of a small inductor.
A movable jumper on the EV kit selects either a +3.3V or +5V output voltage. Additional pads on the board accommodate the resistors for output adjustment. This EV kit uses surface-mount components and is fully assembled and tested for quick evaluation.
- 3.6V or 5V RF PAs in Communications Handsets
- Local 2.5V to 3.3V or 5V Conversion
- Local 3.3V to 5V Conversion
- Routers, Servers, Workstations, Card Racks
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.